Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #85

During our travels, we seek out Animal Shelters. We receive a significant 'fur-fix' from playing with the inmates. We're pretty sure it's reciprocal.

And we always get back on the road in a better mood.
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #86

Travel with a pet

Yes, we travel with our Cavalier King Charles spaniel. The main reason we bought a travel trailer is so that we can take him with us when we travel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15332565899987928321944880551714.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	213660  
Klibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
We are deciding whether to take our 2 Scottish Terriers on an RV trip. But are concerned about leaving them in the RV (motorhome) in the campground while we are out and about in town while catching a movie or checking out a museum. What are you doing with your pets when you leave the campground?
Paladin718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #88

We also purchased our motorhome so we could bring our Cavalier King Charles spaniel and our Cocker spaniel with us also . It was the best thing I ever did . I drag race so we tow a car hauler to the track , camp out the night before a race and relax after the race before heading home. Our two furry kids love it.
dragvw2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #89
tcg

Five cats at home. The only one that travels with us is the oldest because she needs two insulin shots a day and she could use the break from the others.

The others stay home with big bowls of water and food and my neighbor comes in daily to check on them and scoop while his 7 year old grand daughter plays with them. On longer trips my daughter stops by every couple days to clean any real messes they might make.

This is our oldest at almost 16 years old.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_8375.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	213668  
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #90

Yes, our two doxies and a spoiled cat. Wouldn't have it any other way. When it comes time to sell our coach, it will be advertised as non-smoking only.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #91

Traveling with pets

We took my girlfriends Aussie Shepherd with us to Alaska and when we circled the 48 states. Had no problems other than having to walk the dog three times a day rain or shine. It was worth it just to have her with us.
cacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #92

I have two fur babies. Both are dogs and we don't leave home without them. A German Short Haired Pointer and a Doberman Pinscher.
skooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 PM   #93

We always have our two mini Doxies with us. No accidents in the rig. Those dogs can hold it forever!
Dave Zeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
We travel with "Gadget, the Adventure Dog." She, a Yorkipoo, has sure added a lot of fun to the road miles. \ken
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180711_184155 (3).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	213672   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_154629 (2).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	213673  

Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #95

yes I travel with my two small female dogs. both of them are about 15 years old. I am a full timer and would not be without a dog in my life ever. while one of my dog's is deaf the other one is my ears as I am have Meniere's disorder And lost most of my hearing overnight. I can see how someone would want to know if an RV is smoke and/ or pet free because of allergies.
NMgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #96

Two cats ..........

Been doing about 10K miles per year (four months per year) with two cats for four years. Both are 8 yrs old now. We insisted on them being in the truck when moving the first three years (in carriers the first 5-10 miles then let them out). Neither ever complained (luck) but a year ago one of them made it clear he wanted to stay in the 5th wheel. So we gave it a try and he was fine riding back there and I think happier sleeping in one of his hiding places instead of under the back seat of the truck. Some months later the female decided she wanted to stay in the 5th as well. Worked out fine .. she sleeps on the bed.

The male figured out early on how to open the screen door so I had to make up a safety wire thing that he could not open. Both are allowed outside if conditions are okay (no off-leash dogs nearby). Both are okay on leashes but the female does not go far so usually is out without a leash (only when we are out, of course). The male would wander but will stay with me if I walk with him. I've taken many quarter and half mile walks in the woods with him. Both make a bee-line for the 5th if they sense any danger including rowdy kids or noisy adults ... or dogs (leashed or not).

They stay in when we are in RV parks (less than 10% of the time). They are on leashes in State and Federal campgrounds where there are leash rules.

Fifth wheel has a 4' tall sisal rope scratching post and some corrugated scratch box things. And lots of interesting places to hide (including a cavity behind a false wall behind the TV .. via a hole left by the removed Genesis radio. I finally stuffed an old pillow in there for them.

Cats have a thermal-neutral zone up around 90F so can withstand considerable heat. But, they do start panting up around 100F and since panting is their only way of getting rid of excess heat and it's not very effective, I've made a door into the basement where it's always 10-15F cooler. Above about 95F they can be found down there, usually in their carriers which we store down there.

Before RV, we would leave them home with daily visits from our kids but nonetheless they occasionally had stressed-caused bladder crystals. No longer.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:44 PM   #97

Triple E Owners Club
Roxy

Our Boxer girl Roxy is a great traveller. When it gets warmish on the road, we get a freezer pack from the freezer, wrap it in a towel and she lays on or near it.

Way cool.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:29 AM   #98

Carolina Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Pet Travel Plans

We haven't bought our first RV yet, but we are shopping around for Class C's presently. We have 4 Pomeranians, and we want to be able to take them when we travel. I know it will be a big deal to take them, but they are family members and so it will be a learning experience for all of us. We will keep our RV smoke free, but pet free is not happenin'. I already have plans to do some interior decorating on our RV as soon as we get one too. So as far as resale value is concerned, should we ever need or want to sell, I guess the value will be in the eye of the beholder.
SeektheSon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel