Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #43

Yesterday I threw an empty peanut butter jar into the trash without washing it or recycling it. Today it is supposed to hit 92 degrees here. Boy, that global warming thing is real!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #44

ALWAYS! We pay $.05 per can/bottle. Get your $$ back when returning the empties.
empty_nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #45

why not make america great again

Have you noticed fences along highway clogged with plastic bags? They don't break down overnight, they take years to dissolve. Tarrifs on imported aluminum? Notice beer prices rising? We pay the extra for that luxury. I like bottles better anyway. Ever walk the beach in California? Lovely green and blue stones in sand? Noxema and 7up bottles from years ago dumped offshore. At least they were far enough out to tumble sharp edges off before washing ashore. I try to recycle if not myself boyscout troops do it to help teach responsibility to environment, if I'm too busy I'll donate to them.
Campasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #46

wait...you drink beer while camping?
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #47

Yes I do

It helps to lower my blood pressure.
Campasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #48

Spartan Chassis
Anyone remember the old Burma Shave signs?

Beer cans on the highway

Are ugly many say

But at night

Reflecting bright

They safely guide the way!

Burma Shave
Sneelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #49

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
Our next camping trip, we plan to take an old pet food container with a sealed lid to save our empty soda and (mostly ) beer cans. We will return them home to cash out in the future.

Just wondering if anyone saves these or just throw them away at the campground.

Too bad the campground we go to does not have recycle bins. Do campgrounds you go to have recycle bins?
(I am the original poster)
Well, it worked out great over the weekend. One tip on saving empty water bottles to take up less space, take the lid off, squeeze the bottle then put the lid back on. It is somewhat like vacuum sealing. Takes up a lot less space.

The cans I just smash by hand the best I can.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #50

We are full time RV travelers and recycle when possible. Even some state parks recycle.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #51

Alpine Owners Club
Yes we always do
Fordiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #52

We've gotten home with bags of recyclables in the 5th basement ... .but we stay in State and National Parks a lot and those usually have recycle bins. We clear out the basement at those stops.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
Like a few people posted, if the CG has a recycling bin, we use it. If not, it goes in the trash.
THIS for us our state parks and surrounding states seem all to have decent recycle bins so not too bad and we do recycle a bit when we can. If not, it goes in the trash. We definitely aren't carrying anything home with us.
Whirrlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
Our next camping trip, we plan to take an old pet food container with a sealed lid to save our empty soda and (mostly ) beer cans. We will return them home to cash out in the future.

Just wondering if anyone saves these or just throw them away at the campground.

Too bad the campground we go to does not have recycle bins. Do campgrounds you go to have recycle bins?
We bag and take them home.
chertman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #55

I do not understand the rationale behind someone paying a company to recycle their bottles, cans, boxes, etc.

What happens to the stuff we recycle? Let's say I recycle a bag of aluminum cans. Let's further say that the bag of metal is used to make a metal frying pan to be sold for a profit. My bag of cans will be sold by the recycling company, for a profit, to a company that makes cooking pans. That frying pan gets sold and the pan maker makes a profit. I provided a free resource so that others can make a profit, none of which I will ever see. Why am I not getting a piece of the action? That's why I refuse to recycle unless I get paid.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:23 PM   #56

We do with cans & plastic and take it back home. Some of the RV grounds say -OH they sort it out at the dump. Hmmmm???
totam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping