Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
We semi-fondly called our first rig the P.O.S. As we discovered, it was appropriate.

Our next rig, 8 years newer, was still the P.O.S., but not quite as much as the original.

Now we have a modern-era 2015 rig, and I'm in a quandary. "The P.O.S." just doesn't seem appropriate now.
mappleg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2021, 02:57 PM   #44

Our Granddaughter who was just turning 2 in October (my birthday too) on our first trip out. Pop Pops Bus, sounds good to me!!! Loves the air horn and even showed her Marine dad too when he got in the RV how it makes noise!!
wimpydjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:06 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
It’s the “Big Dubwa”
CaptV1VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:19 PM   #46

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Name for the Motorhome?

We got a nice front license plate made up that says exactly what our MH is;
Retirement Home.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:22 PM   #47

In 1998, we bought a '93 Fleetwood Flair that was 26' long. On the way back home we spent the night in a roadside rest area that had a lot of trucks and large class A RVs. It was dark and we just swung in next to some of the motor homes.

The next morning we got up and walked around. When we looked over at our rig, we noticed that next to several 44' DPs, it was very short. My wife said he looks so stubby. And the name stuck. We had Stubby for more than 20 years and he served us well.
Flair-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #48

Cramalotinn

Monaco Camelot motor home. I call it
Cramalot Inn
Cramalotinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:25 PM   #49

After five Airstreams, two Foretravels & one Country Coach, this is our first class C RV, a Lazy Daze named "Classie"...

Only one of our other campers/RV's, a 34' Airstream, had a name - Anabelle... not sure why that happened as RV's are... well, RV's.

I think the name "classie" came about after a weekend 'round the campfire sipping whiskey.

Won't mention the other names proffered.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:25 PM   #50

Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Names

We’ve had it a few months and taken a couple trips but no name yet. My Wife laughs at me because I can’t seem to settle on what name I refer to when talking about it. Motorhome, RV, trailer, coach, etc. I guess once I figure that out we may just name it.
OldracerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #51

Your rv is your "land yacht" and therefore it needs a name. My 40ft Country Coach is called "Scout".
jmiller1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #52

Damon Owners Club
We went from a 14 foot Trillium to a 34 foot Damon and we all know that monsters are big and eat alot so it is called the "MONSTER". And know it didn't eat the egg, we still have it too.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:30 PM   #53

We call her "Plausible Deniabilty" because well, that seems to be our lifestyle as full timers and we love it, its our first Coach
03 Monaco Windsor 40
monacomark65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:34 PM   #54

We call her ," Long Tall Sally " 44' long and 11.5 '
Tall.....,she's a "retired " "Mustang-Sally "
A big old "Beaver".
tteurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:45 PM   #55

In the ‘90s, I saw the movie “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” so when we bought our white Thor A.C.E. in 2014, the name just seemed to fit. So now, when we hit the road in Priscilla, navigation is carried out by Daphne, the female English voice of our Garmin GPS.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:49 PM   #56

Nom de plume

We named our TV Haul, and hauling is what it does, and out TT is named Towed, as it's towed behind Haul. So the name for both becomes "Towed Haul"; as both the DW and I are into "Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame, a story we read to our children many many times. She's going to paint Mr. Toad on the TT, and also a picture of his Hall on the tail gate of the TV. While it may sound a wee bit childish, we really liked Mr. Toad, as he epitomized the figure of the proper British gentleman, complete with manor house. Isn't a TT rather like a manor house these days, with luxury appointments to be found everywhere? So far, I've seen a lot of creative, and sometimes just plain silly names like ours, and the odd inclusion of a few practical if not descriptive ones too. Safe, and hoppy travels from the Boondocking Brewer™! Homebrewers welcomed!