Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

Question dog sitting/kennels in Savannah or DC

Hi!
We are finally planning a trip to the East Coast! We have traveled to the West Coast many times but want to visit some new places!

Part of that involves visiting some cities and environs there, which would mean we would have to leave our 2 little dogs alone in a 21ft trailer for hours! Does anyone know of a "nice" kennel or boarding place in either of these 2 cities? We may also try to hit NYC so we also would need information on that.

Thanks for any assistance!
Howard & Michele
Howard Janin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #2

Look Here

Cherry Hill Park is the Closest Campground to Washington, DC :|: Cherry Hill Park

https://koa.com/find-a-koa/#%7B%22ma...3A%22%22%7D%7D

This is the area I grew up in. If the KOA link doesn't work just look up the KOA in Gambrills, Md.

The Cherry Hill Park is very close to the downtown DC area. I'll let you decide about that. It may have a kennel onsite. If not there are some near by.

Near the KOA in Gambrills is a Pet Resort. Located in Crownsville, Md. I have never been there but have heard nice things about it. Maybe 6 miles from campground.

Both of these campgrounds have bus shuttles to the DC sites. I recommend using that method. In the summer season the Cherry Hill Park has a very nice pool and water park. I have never been to the Gambrills park since it was in my neighborhood.

Sudsy
Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #3

DW and I stayed at Cherry Hill three or four years ago. The office gave us a number for a lady providing a dog walking service. We called and she came by and got a key and took our dog for two walks a day while we were out touring DC. There is a subway station a few blocks from the park.

We were also invited to a "how to use the subway" meeting our first night in the park. It was very useful. They also had maps and general information for the area.

If we ever go back Cherry Hill is a must place to stay.

Larry
larry koenn is offline   Reply With Quote