Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #15

I don't go anywhere without a couple of plastic bags in my back pocket, just habit. I will tell anyone I see not cleaning up after their dog to do so, I'll even offer a bag. I will embarrass someone to do the right thing. Some folks with the little ankle bitters thing they don't poop enough to matter, Wrong!
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #16

Every dog owner you might talk to will tell you the pick up after their dogs; where do these people come from that don't pick up after their dogs? ------Mars maybe?
I hate it when I see the tires on my motorhome marked ( peed on)by a male dog.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to brandypup
As a dog owner myself it's very annoying to come across other peoples dog poops. Unfortinitly many people shouldn't have the privlae of owning a dog and you will never get through to them. I do carry extra bags and offer it to other dog lovers when I see 'they are without a bag" or leavign poop behind.

I also cannot stand loose dogs. Leash them people or use a specified dog park. But I am preaching to the choir here becuase people like this again do not try to better themselves or their pets.

heavy sigh.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
I walk mine on 6 ft leashes with bag carriers attached. My biggest pet peeve is the retractable 15 ft + leashes that I usually get wrapped around my legs.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have to good size dogs and anyone that knows us or has seen us at a CG or at home knows we always pick up after our dogs. Both of their leashes (yes they are always leashed) have the little "bags on board" plastic fire hydrants that contain rolls of them.

The people that do not pick up after or let their animal run loose are the ones that get no dogs or no pets rules put in place. Thanks for ruining it for the responsible owners.

I do find it curious that the OP with two posts under his belt here started this thread though. Nobody like irresponsible dog owners and it has been discussed here many times. Please don't take offense to that. I understand your frustration with some dog owners.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I do find it curious that the OP with two posts under his belt here started this thread though. Nobody like irresponsible dog owners and it has been discussed here many times. Please don't take offense to that. I understand your frustration with some dog owners.
I thought the same thing. It is the owner not the dogs. I really hate having a dog owner with their dog off leash, tell me, oh he is friendly he wont bite, while my dog is standing there on a leash.
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #21

The OP, I think was simply asking for pet owners to be a little more considerate.........

Our "pet peeve" has nothing to do with pets.........ours has to do with people who believe that EVERYONE should be able to smell their cologne or perfume from across the room; my wife has severe asthma attacks and COPD; I have asthma. If we are dining out, and someone comes into the area with an "over abundance" of cologne or perfume.......the vapors (Smell) will immediately be breathed in through my inhalation and goes to my stomach. Just for information sake, this causes a chemical reaction in a person's stomach as your stomach starts secreting acids to digest food that is not there. The results are that you become nauseous. And on the flip side, these smells will go to your sinuses and give you painful headaches. BTW, cigarette smoke does almost the same things.

It is ironic though, if my wife starts coughing dramatically under these conditions, attemting to "catch" her breathe........EVERYONE will look at her like she has some contagious disease or something..........when it is them that caused it. I am just saying, please be a little more considerate when using any thing like that. My mother used to say, "a lady only puts on enough perfume to catch "her" husband's attention when he is close to her. And the husband likewise."
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #22

I fully believe in picking up after your pet. We adopted a little white fur ball from the humain society and always pick up after him including my own yard. The problem I don't like is in designated dog areas owners sit and smoke then leave their cig. butts all over the ground which are deadly to dogs.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
I had mine depooped.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #24

I have two dogs that accompany me on every outing. I always carry a pocket full of bags for when the deed is done.

I am kinda shocked there are this many people studying my dogs bowel habits as well as my reaction. When I am camping I get lost in god's creation instead of my neighbors' shortcomings.

I by no means am encouraging dog owners to leave a present for the next guy, but really...this is what we've come to?

For those that need to hear it...
You are better then me, because you ________ and I don't ________.

Fill in the blanks accordingly and know the world will be better when we realize your perfections.
dkauffman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Some folks are just idiots! You think it's bad at a campground, you should see them on a beach. At least your not barefoot in a campground.
Fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #26

Question I would like answered:

I see a lot of dogs on what I call a urealy" do these dog owners realy believe this is following the rule that says 6 foot leash; when this urealy will let a dog out 15 feet.
This is a 15 foot leash that can be wound up to 6 feet; it's not a 6 foot leash.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We work at a campground with 68 sites which were all full this weekend. I'd say probably 40 dogs were being walked around the grounds for 3 days and when we went around today we found only 1 pile. The op makes it sound like all of us are inconsiderate, while that is just not the case. There will always be the slobs that throw trash out the car window, cigerette butts on the ground and don't pick up after their dogs. But they are not the majority. Please stop trashing us folks who carry bags on our dogs leashes and do the right thing.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, interesting read! Started off being a thread about dog poop and then about how long a leash should be?

I guess Rick Nelson had it right with Garden Party. "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

We travel with 3 dogs and we pick up everything. We either bag it or bury it. I'm not sure how stepping in poob ruins shoes, but it's not fun cleaning them up!

Now as someone posted it isn't the dog it's the owner. The human offenders are also the ones who will do any one, or all of the following:
  1. Not clean up after themselves after stoping at a public rest room. How hard is it to flush after your done?
  2. People who can't seem to get their trash into the trash bin?
  3. Cut in front of you when you're in a line.
  4. Cut in and out of lanes in heavy traffic and in road construction areas.
  5. Let their kids run all over the place. Ride their bikes on your camping lot. Last month almost got hit stepping out of our coach by a kid on a bike who came from under our awning!
I'm sure I missed a few. Feel free to add to the list.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote