Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
I've had great experiences with NAWS and wouldn't write them off due to your interaction with them.

And most of this thread is speculation/heresay, especially as there aren't any specific items listed or quotes shown.
n0mad is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #16

Walking thru Home Depot one day and I saw a Weber Genesis grill marked $200 below the regular price. Walked it up to the register an when the cashier scanned it the regular price came up. I was not going to push the issue so I said your manager should know these are marked wrong because I’m sure other people will be seeing this price and be mad when you tell them what you just told me. She said to wait a minute and called the manager over. I told him what happened and he checked to confirm they were all marked incorrectly. Then he came back and told the cashier to sell me the grill for the lower price and then told another associate to go over and mark the rest of them correctly. I would have left without the grill and no hard feelings, but I was impressed the manager did the right thing.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:56 PM   #17

So since it didn’t happen to you it didn’t happen? It happened to me so I’m just warning my fellow RVERS so it doesn’t happen to them or to at least watch out.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
So since it didn’t happen to you it didn’t happen? It happened to me so I’m just warning my fellow RVERS so it doesn’t happen to them or to at least watch out.
For all we know, it's a misunderstanding and you're confusing different products. You've offered no evidence that corroborates your claims - so like most things online, we need to take them with a grain of salt. I never said it didn't happen - or didn't happen exactly as you stated - just provided a gentle reminder to readers of this thread that it's all heresay unless proven otherwise. And that there is a lot of speculation in this thread that is just that, speculation.

I've had my own share of issues with NAWS, including them shorting me on orders I drove hundreds of miles out of my way to pick up (and I didn't realize until hours after picking up). In my case, they've always made things right and even gone above and beyond to do so. So, that makes me think there is a little more to the story than what you're telling, but of course doesn't confirm that to be the case.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Time to replace whole solar system on the Moho. I called Az wind and solar in flagstaff to make sure they had the stuff on their website in stock. They said they did so I went today. The panel was $40 more and the controller was $50 more than the website. The guy say the price on his computer was the right price. Then he tried to sell me lower quality stuff for around the same price.
I didn’t buy any of it because of the scam. I always try to by local to support the places I visit but I guess I’ll buy on Amazon this time.
Did you SHOW them their website with prices posted?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:54 PM   #20

The guys at AZ wind and solar are dicks.

I lived in Flagstaff 10+ years, and still own a home there.
I was just there recently to check on said house.

I already have lithium batteries and wanted to get the rest of my system upgraded, so I called up the place that is supposed to have this great reputation AND is from Flagstaff, ie local.

They said they could not work on my RV because it had already been modified by replacing the FLA batteries with lithium batteries not purchased from them.

I think I tried to push him for a couple minutes, but I was dumb struck that they would turn away a sale. The guy was not apologetic about it either.

I will never do business with them, and would advise anyone that asks me to avoid them.
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
The guys at AZ wind and solar are dicks.

I lived in Flagstaff 10+ years, and still own a home there.
I was just there recently to check on said house.

I already have lithium batteries and wanted to get the rest of my system upgraded, so I called up the place that is supposed to have this great reputation AND is from Flagstaff, ie local.

They said they could not work on my RV because it had already been modified by replacing the FLA batteries with lithium batteries not purchased from them.

I think I tried to push him for a couple minutes, but I was dumb struck that they would turn away a sale. The guy was not apologetic about it either.

I will never do business with them, and would advise anyone that asks me to avoid them.
Odd, because NAWS doesn't even do installs. They farm that out to third parties unless that very recently changed, so it's all subject to what the third party wants to handle.

That's why all the "Become An Installer" links on their page ask about your business instead of going to a job application. They sell parts and refer customers to third party installers who have their own policies on what they will and will not install.

I do installs and am pretty selective about the projects I take on. I generally shy away from things end users have worked on - more often than not, they've messed something up and it ends up adding a lot of hassle that they usually aren't willing to pay for to correct it. They tried to do it cheap, and want to keep it cheap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VFvcX.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	345444
Old 10-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Could be that supply and demand is causing some of this.

Right now there are over 75 cargo ships anchored in the pacific ocean waiting to unload at LA harbor. Some of them have been there for months. I see them sitting there on my bike rides.

Having to call every time you order on-line is a nuisance, but maybe necessary in these pandemic times.

Glad you didn't get ripped off in this case.

Supply and demand should have nothing to do with raising prices on already stocked items. They bought it a lower price and now want make a big profit because the 'new' ones cost more.

As far as internet prices not being updated, how long would it take to update them, or add "price and availability subject to change"?

If you go to the True Value Hardware website, it explicitly states that store prices may vary.
glwinger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, arizona, solar, wind