Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Klompus View Post
That was defiantly my first thought.

Oh you beat me to it....I defiantly agree.
BrassPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
The bucket of bolts assembler should explicitly note that the trailer is unsuitable for travel with the fresh water tank filled! Yes on a placard with the gvw etc sticker and on the brochure and on the window sticker.....

As to a workaround... A bladder tank in your tow vehicle to fill and fetch water to the white elephant trailer to fill the tank. Design parameters for this trailer were kinky at best.

Hey its an all consuming hobby so lump it with a smile as we all do and shovel those bucks bigtime as the depreciation speeds up till after 10 years many RV parks reject the rig while the payments continue when in the shop and after the given life span of 10 yrs. Hey any one wanna start an RV design and build company?

I agree! Water in the truck and live with the unit. You don't say that you only boondock so any serviced locations you stay at are likely very comfortable for you. RVs are always about compromise and there is no such thing as the perfect RV for everything!
Old 03-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
If this is actually their response, they may not be idiots, but they certainly aren’t very good at spelling, grammar or even using the correct words. I hope they built your trailer better than they compose a letter.
Well at least they bothered to address it. Probably won’t again and I don’t blame them.
TRNewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lambert View Post
Ted Lambert, good afternoon . I am truly sorry for your frustration with our company and how we design this units. You are right this unit is defiantly not for everyone. We here at Rockwood and flagstaff try to always be moving forward and trying new things. There is only so many option when arranging a floor plan . The model you are discussing and quit upset about is truly not intended for the common boon Docker. We do have many other floor plans that are more designed with that type of camping in mind. This was not the model I would had suggested for you if I were selling to you. This model is one of our best seller though and thousands of people think so and I am not sure if it will be going anywhere soon . If in the rare case a person would want to take this rv on the once in a while boondock camping weekend , then we recommend as the Forest River, Inc manuaul suggest to only put less than half of tank in you fresh water and then when you get to your destination go and buy some gallon of water or a gas station nearest your camp sight and fill up there with fresh water. But you are correct in the fact that there are much better boondock models then the one you are referring to . It was never a goof that we put the tank back there . It was by design that way on purpose. Thanks
I have received Nigerian scam emails with better use of the English language.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote