Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #1

Dump Hose Clamp-on Holder

A few weeks ago I saw an ad for a device that clamps on the end of your sewer hose and then clamps on the dump pipe to hold the two together while dumping. At the time I didnít see a need for it. I have a threaded adapter and a sandbag I have always used successfully. Well today I came to a campground that had a large non threaded dump pipe. Even with the sand bag, the 90 degree adapter kept trying to come out. I could see how the clamp on device would have been handy. As it turns out, now I canít find it anywhere online. Does anyone have one... know if it works... or have a link to one?
Thanks for the help.
Dave
dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #2

This Camco 39319 Flexible 3-in-1 Sewer Hose Seal with RhinoExtreme Hose and Handle- Flexible Fitting works very well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021 RAM 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans, 4:10 differential
psaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #3

When a campground has that kind of dump, I take of the elbow and just stick the hose down the pipe about a foot and put the sandbag on top.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:58 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
The ASS-U-ME-tion is that the sewer stub still has threads that will hold the sewer hose end to the sewer stub.

I assembled a work-around that consists of a large cable clamp, a couple of "S" hooks and a bungee. I apply the clamp to the sewer stub, put the right-angle sewer hose end into the sewer stub, wrap the bungee over the sewer hose end with sufficient strain between the "S" hooks so that it doesn't come loose when dumping.

I admit that this is extra work when a sandbag might do the same thing, I just don't carry around 25lb sand bag with us.
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psaint View Post
This Camco 39319 Flexible 3-in-1 Sewer Hose Seal with RhinoExtreme Hose and Handle- Flexible Fitting works very well.
That looks like a great gadget to have! I just bought the bottom part that fits into the sewer pipe. Haven't used it yet but I'm sure it will do the job!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaint View Post

Thanks. I have the bottom section attached to my hose. Without threads in the stub, it doesnít hold.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #7

The elbow that fits on the end of my sewer hose has that graduated plug to fit different size sewer pipes. What I don't understand is the issue requiring the need for clamps, 25 pound sandbags, etc. What is causing the elbow to jump out of the sewer pipe?
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:00 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvgolf View Post
A few weeks ago I saw an ad for a device that clamps on the end of your sewer hose and then clamps on the dump pipe to hold the two together while dumping. At the time I didnít see a need for it. I have a threaded adapter and a sandbag I have always used successfully. Well today I came to a campground that had a large non threaded dump pipe. Even with the sand bag, the 90 degree adapter kept trying to come out. I could see how the clamp on device would have been handy. As it turns out, now I canít find it anywhere online. Does anyone have one... know if it works... or have a link to one?
Thanks for the help.
Dave
Check this one out. https://dumpbuddy.com I would bet you could reverse engineer something similar.
2Newsomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
The elbow that fits on the end of my sewer hose has that graduated plug to fit different size sewer pipes. What I don't understand is the issue requiring the need for clamps, 25 pound sandbags, etc. What is causing the elbow to jump out of the sewer pipe?
I agree. I have a bag with about 20# of lead shot. When I put that on the elbow ain't nothing gonna jump out. I'm a firm believer of KISS.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I'm a firm believer of KISS.
I've got the girlfriend trained that I get everything hooked up and then she's required to put her foot on it. I suppose a sandbag might complain less......
Old 06-05-2021, 12:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Newsomes View Post
Check this one out. https://dumpbuddy.com I would bet you could reverse engineer something similar.
Thatís the clamp I had seen before. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2021, 01:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH3rd View Post
The ASS-U-ME-tion is that the sewer stub still has threads that will hold the sewer hose end to the sewer stub.

I assembled a work-around that consists of a large cable clamp, a couple of "S" hooks and a bungee. I apply the clamp to the sewer stub, put the right-angle sewer hose end into the sewer stub, wrap the bungee over the sewer hose end with sufficient strain between the "S" hooks so that it doesn't come loose when dumping.

I admit that this is extra work when a sandbag might do the same thing, I just don't carry around 25lb sand bag with us.
Can you post a picture of what you assembled?
Old 06-05-2021, 01:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
The water rushing down through the 90 degree will push it out of the sewer stub if there arenít some type of threads on it for the 90 degree to catch on. The
Old 06-05-2021, 12:31 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The Dump Buddy is not a bad invention, but at $50 shipped, it's a little pricey.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose