Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by almacd1814 View Post
Hah! I live on Vancouver Island, Island Co-op has dump sites at their gas bars and they are "FREE"!! And that is for everyone, not just members.
Sucks to be you guys down south.https:

You have not seen out poop have you?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #100

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc70 View Post
There is a web site that lists dump sites nation wide and cost. rvdump.com. I personally have never paid to dump. Al. has dumps at interstate rest areas or I can dump at home in Fl. I will admit $25 to empty tanks is [Mod Edit].
No such site. It’s sanidumps.com.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitziebikes View Post
The sewer treatment plants measure the amount of waste and water that enters and gets processed. I have talked to the sewer company employee and he was telling me that the amount goes way up in the winter from all the yard drainage pipes that are illegally tied into the sewer. So when we have rain the gallons go way up..
Don't know where you live, but in the some of the east and mid west, the older homes had the rain gutters directly empty into the sewer system. Even the french drains for the cellars. Not allowed now, but how many old homes have had them changed? Most are not until the old sewer lines fail. Think clay sewer pipe - thirties through the early sixties?
Old 12-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
California voters keep passing pretty much every bond measure that shows up on the ballot - and then complain when those bonds have to be paid...
Fellow San Joser’s. x1000
Old 12-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattletrap View Post
I live at Tahoe City Ca. and store my RV in Rocklin Ca. near Sacramento. For years I've been using one of the few dump facilities in Lincoln. Yesterday I went to the facility and was surprised to fine that the use of the dump station has been increased from $10. to $25. I was out raged! Has anyone else found that dump stations are increasing rates? Seems excessive.
I never use places that charge. Ridiculous.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #104

Why on earth would you pay for a dump fee?
Old 12-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #105

The Loomis RV Park (town next to Rocklin) advertises a dump fee of $8 on their website. $25 is just too much. Why drive all the way to Lincoln?
Old 12-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
Where we live the sewer charges are based on water usage. If you are dumping waste from your RV it wont show up on the water meter for the house, therefore, you are not being charged correctly for sewer fees.

Using that logic, if I fill up my RV fresh water tank, prior to going on vacation, I should get a refund since that water is not going into the sewer system, or if I water my l should get get a refund, since that water is not going into the sewer system, or if I fill up my pool, l should get get a refund, since that water is not going into the sewer system . . . but except for a few exceptions for the last item, I STILL have to pay the sewer charges for water that I can prove is NOT going into the sewer . ..
Old 12-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc70 View Post
There is a web site that lists dump sites nation wide and cost. rvdump.com. I personally have never paid to dump. Al. has dumps at interstate rest areas or I can dump at home in Fl. I will admit $25 to empty tanks is [Mod Edit].
I dumbed at flying J $ 7.50 with good Sam member ship card
Old 12-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #108

Quote:
I'd be interested in the rationale behind that restriction - other than the volume of solid material being dumped I can't see any difference between dumping 40 gallons from your bathtub in the house and dumping 40 gallons rom your RV outside the house.
My neighbor told me it's because some RVers were using formaldehyde or similar and creating an issue.

But yet, a Porta Potti or Cassette is likely perfectly OK.

For us it;s really not usually an issu as there are plenty of free dumps on the way home from anywhere north, though not close to our house.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #109

RV Dump Fees

Quote:
California voters keep passing pretty much every bond measure that shows up on the ballot - and then complain when those bonds have to be paid...
But we were told it was for the children.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #110

I live in the Los Angeles area and use the local city-owned sanitation truck lot, where your taxes have paid for free dumping. Check with your local county or city facilities to see if they have dump-abilities.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #111

Some RV owners are buying a macerater to attach to their dump valve. This allows them to pump waste from their tanks to a clean out port in their home sewer line.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by George912 View Post
Many dumps in SF Bay Area and Central Valley are either closed,(all State parks), not allowing non renters to dump(Contra Costa Fairgrounds), or charging $25 or thereabouts. Last free one was Flag City on I5 near Lodi about 3 months ago. Interested to hear any free/cheap ones.
When we lived in California, I dumped at the Flying J at Flag City often. It wasn’t free though but only $5 or so. There’s also another Flying J with a dump station North of Sac near the intersection of I5 and I80 at West ElCamino Ave. We kept the Motorhome at River City Indoor Storage and they would dump for us as part of the service.
Closed Thread