Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1

dump on Sunday suggestions

I got my Class A about a year ago. I probably go camping for a long weekend every other month or so. Winter poses a little question for me.

I beginning to return from my trips on Sundays (the usual places i've dumped my sewer are closed on sundays).

Any suggestions on a guide to dump sations etc that may be open on Sundays?

The Flying J that was on my way home had its dump station "closed indefinately" and the people inside were no help and the KOA I ended up having to dump at charged $25 which I think is rediculous. I had to dump there because I wanted to make sure I got winterized tonight since its getting down to bout 20 tonight and I dont have another trip planned for a few weeks.
neddy191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It would help if we knew where you were.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

I have several options to dump on return tirps. There are two gas stations, close by that have RV dump stations, plus there are camping areas that also have a good dump station. Both of these cost $5.00 to dump. One of the gas stations allows you to dump 'free' if you fill up your fuel tank.

Look around your area for RV friendly services.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Some U-Haul locations that offer RV storage have them. Free if you store your unit with them and ten bucks for a non-client.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #5

Locate your clean out at your house and check out the Sewer Solution . It will push your sewage quite a distance and uphill to certain point.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #6

We camped this weekend and I dumped in the garage at home. I have a sewer drain in every bay of the garage and also drains in the floor. Seven RV box plugins with 50-30-20 amp plugs in each. Soft water to fill the coach and hot and cold running soft water to wash, and a natural gas fired power washer for the big jobs. But here in Kansas almost every rest area has a free dump station open 24-7-365. Very handy when traveling and need to dump. But if I can make it home I like to dump in the garage and then leave the tank wash hose run about 20 to 30 minutes to clean the black tank, then dump the gray to wash the hose out.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #7

Not to hijack your thread but you will get a kick out of this.I dumped in my driveway once many years ago.When backing in I hit the plumbing under the rear of the trailer and broke off the valve.I dumped a full black tank on the ground and down the street gutter.STINK STINK.I think I flushed the street gutter for an hour after that.I also changed the position of the dump valve.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #8

Im running a 1 1/2 abs pipe with a cap on it outside my house , then Im going to get a macerator pump, or maybe a sewer solution not sure which one yet, that way when i come from boondocking I can dump at home.

gbstewart
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have a smart phone or iPad, download the Allstays camp and RV app. It includes campgrounds and many RV dump stations. Almost all state campgrounds, municipal waste treatment plants and rest areas near us have dump stations. Most are free or $5 max.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some towns have a dump station at the local water treatment plant. The town next to ours offers this at no cost, however it has screwy hours, not real convenient for RVers. However your town may be different, worth checking into.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know where you live, but here in S/E PA the local RV dealers have dump stations you can use after hours. It was $10.00 on the honor system, put your money in supplied envelope and drop in door slot. Also the rest stops on PA turnpike have tanks, $10.00 also. And Toms gas stations, in PA
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
We dump in the campground just prior to packing up and leaving. Also, we live in Georgia and have made trips during winter season so we don't winterize with the pink stuff. We just run space heaters on low on the nights its going to get cold enough to warrant it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #13

www.rvdumpstations.info/

Try this.
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #14

Add a macerator to your unit and dump at any clean out at home or where ever they will let you take off the cap
wave is offline   Reply With Quote