Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Eastgate RV,Corbin,KY. BEWARE

This spring I flew to Kentucky to make a deal on a Fleetwood 39J. I was drawn in by their web site.I was looking forward to doing business with a "Christian" company. The delivery was not ready nor was any work to be done complete.

I sent this letter following an unanswered email. It garnered no response. I traded a boat to them as well and did not recognize the facts of the listing as my former boat.

SAD as they could easily have built a loyal following. I was prepared to call Kentucky DMV as they were not providing the title---- It's interesting to note that the original RV I was looking at and told was sold is still on the site for sale.

If you are dealing with Daniel Day....head the other way. I wish I had read the other comments here first

July 9, 2013
Daniel,
Here are the discrepancies between the enclosed printed listing, the issues at delivery and immediately after returning home from Kentucky.
1. The bra is not for my vehicle. Your guy pulled it out and threw it in without checking.
2. All three slides had to be serviced. They were not reliable traveling in and out. I ordered two boards and installed them. Rather than spend more for the third I ordered generic relays and built the third board myself. The two boards were 150.00 not to mention the diagnoses and time.
3. Clearly the generator ,engine and lube was not done. I’v e scheduled it to be done with my mechanic. I’m assuming 300 bucks but not sure. I’ll send you pics of the filters.
4. Your listing clearly states that in motion satellite was installed. It was an old direct tv stationary unit. I sold it on ebay for 350.00 after 60 bucks for oversized shipping I netted 290.00 less ebay fees. 850.00 was my cost on a refurbished unit from King with 60 day warranty.
5. The over door awning motor was taken down and cleaned and reinstalled. It thermals off before opening or closing so you have to wait for it but it’s working somewhat.
6. Spot light was removed (labor) cleaned and now works.
7. Never received the remote entry door fobs you said you were sending.
8. There was a piece of wood trim over the passenger side that fell down on the trip home was obviously not checked before delivery. I had it repaired.
9. The stereo in the bedroom did not work and I bought a Jensen rv unit that would fit in the same hole.
10. “Outside TV”…..On listing….Not there and not wired for one.
11. You did not sign off on the title and note me as the customer on the title. So, I had to disclose the bill of sale which I was not going to do. So, tax on the full price rather than what I was going to verbally declare.
12. Three broken Hunter shades hanging that would not go up.
“This coach has been through a rigorous 200 point inspection passing with flying colors”. “All components are in good working order”
Not close Dan -the way my delivery went. Do what you think is fair.

Cliff Houser
cliffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffster View Post
11. You did not sign off on the title and note me as the customer on the title. So, I had to disclose the bill of sale which I was not going to do. So, tax on the full price rather than what I was going to verbally declare.
Well, this looks like a violation of state law to me. Here in WA they won't accept that for just this reason, too may people "gaming" the system.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sorry you had the problems. Buyer beware is right!

Good point made above. You were going to try to scam the system. It's better if we all pay our fair share. I had to pay over $17K in sales tax alone. Please do not advocate doing something illegal for other readers to see!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
While I have heard some bad stories about that dealership...

#11 - What were you thinking!?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
I get emails all the time from 'good Christian people' from Nigeria and the like asking my help them get large sums of money out of their country. I label those emails SPAM and move on. Daniel Day is among many others like Fred Phelps, Sr., founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, Topeka, said he was a Christian, So did Jim Jones (909 dead in Guyana), David Koresh of the Waco siege, Marshall Herff Applewhite, Jr. of Heaven's Gate, he and 39 followers are off with aliens riding Comet Hale-Bopp. It's always seemed to me if a business or person has to label themselves as a Christian, probably they aren't living it and I look elsewhere. JMHO. You suggested that Daniel "do what he thinks is fair." I bet his god (little 'g') will tell him to take your money and move on, never looking back.
Didn't you go through the RV before purchase? Broken shades, no outside TV, those sort of things are pretty obvious. Sounds like you 'bought' it before you saw or checked it out. I flew from Ohio to Wyoming to buy mine after many email exchanges. I had prepared a list of things and systems to check in my pocket and went through one by one and tested everything in it before I went into the office and signed the papers, and I was ready to fly back out of Casper if the deal didn't sit well with me.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #6

Regarding the tax issue which I left in the letter. I called the State of Michigan from Kentucky for a ruling as to if the value of my three trades' values would be taxable in an out of state transaction or whether I would be paying on the "cash exchange" portion of the sale. I was told to present the bill of sale and title. Eastgate didi not provide a bill of sale showing the trade components nor did they even place my name on the title causing further delays. I did pay three thousand more in tax as a result. Do business with them if you like. Fair warned is what you choose to do with it.
cliffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Daniel Day? His middle name Simpson? Are you sure that isn't an alias. Remember Animal House?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Daniel Day? His middle name Simpson? Are you sure that isn't an alias. Remember Animal House?
HA! Bruce McGill from Rizzoli and Isles. Now he's a dective.

Sorry you are having problems.
You didn't notice any of that stuff before delivery?
Hope it gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #9

Go to the web site and read about the 1956 Olds. This guy spells worse than I do (and that is bad) and can't put a sentence together. Just reading the Olds ad would have me running the other way.

Eastgate Auto/RV Sales Center LLC | Pre-owned Dealer | CORBIN, Kentucky

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote