Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's looking good..... I assume you plan to be ready for fall fishing season. As a thought for your inside work, I have subscribed to the "less is best" theory for on the inside with good results - less permanently mounted stuff = more room. I had a small (Coleman TAOS) pop-up with stove, sink, refrig. I yanked out these items, the associated counters/frames, and the propane tank, then made the space into an extended seating area/extra bed with storage underneath – 4 hours work. I then used a Coleman portable stove and cooler (that I placed outside under the pop-up when camping). It was amazing how much room that added plus made the pack up and go process much easier, no more propane tank, etc. Weight went from 1200 lbs. to just under 1,000 lbs. Now I want to yank stuff out of the Class A (couch/bench table) and put in laminate floor and fold up chairs/table, but the DW pitched a fit so I’m waiting a bit to keep the peace – but it will happen :>). For me, free space is a premium - I like more open space and to just pack what I need for a trip.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #30

I hear you Tom. I am down sizing the Frig thyat way I will be able to mount a microwave above it. I happen to a a 12v/120v marine frig left over from a boat project. I still want a full stove. We coonasses love to cook, being it inside or outside.This sidein is 9 1/2' at the base. I will not install a table. In fact I had remove the base.

Today I started hanging panneling and I will get some pictures in the future.
fishfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
GPW

QUOTE: " We coonasses love to cook " .... TRUE DAT !!!!!
GPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #32

Another HOT day with a few showers which made it even HOTTER! I been hanging some pannel which in fact it just Luan plywood that has a great grain finish. My plans are to put a lite stain and then varinish it after. I just couldn't find any panneling that I like. Next best thing is to do your own.

Anyway with the roof sealed up and some showers to show I have no leaks, onward to the inside. I had ripped out the old counter top and cabints and rebuilt them both. A bit of a job, but its not like I have to go to work anytime soon. Well the countertop is finish along with the cabints and some of the walls are hung. I should finish hang the Luan in a couple days due to it being so hot.

A couple pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	12801   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	12802  

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	12803  
Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #33

Oh, I am having a bit of a problem. I been trying to remove the heater. Its a Hydro Flame. Is there a trick to remove it? There has to be some reason the exhaust tube that is on the outside is not coming loose. All inside screws are removed and I can move it around, but I'm unable to remover the exhaust tube.

Any tricks to this?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This was a couple years ago - but as I recall the one I took apart was a sandwich fit. There were two holes (air supply and exaust vent). The outside 'trim' piece had a short pipe and a long pipe. The inside piece had a short and long pipe. So each short pipe fit into a long pipe. A little corrosion made it tough to get apart - I might have used penetrating oil (but then it would be flamable if you can't get it apart). As I recall, the outside trim piece had about 8 sheet metal screws and that was all that held the sandwich together. Like I said - that was a couple years back.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
Dicor, the MFG that makes the glue and produces EPDM roofing
Hate to burst your bubble but Dicor is a jobber/reseller of most of the materials used in RV roofs. They manufacture very little if anything at all.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #36

Thanks Tom. That is what I see on installing it. I did put some penatration oil. I really need to get it apart.

I stand correct on Dicor, no biggie. Still, a good product and very easy to work with.

Today, I'm going to have to take it easy. Yesterday took a lot out of me from the heat to were at the point I'm not feeling all that great. As my doctor told me, lisen to what my body tells me.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #37

I did get a little more work done today before I had to go to the doctors. I did finish the countertop and install the stove back. I'm still a bit under the weather, but I still go at it. I start my day around 3:00-3:30 am every day and hit the sack around 9:30pm. I been hitting to road early for my morning walk at around 4:15 am. I'm just one that doesn't sleep much. Guess working shift hours for well over 35 years took its toll on me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	12868   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	12869  

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	12870  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At-a-boy. It's looking good. You are getting a lot more done than I am, but at 3AM I still have 3 more hours of sleep scheduled :>)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #39

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
...Guess working shift hours for well over 35 years took its toll on me.
I worked third shift only 5 1/2 years before I got fed up with the managerial bovine buscuits and retired for keeps. A little over 2 1/2 years later, I still suffer from "shift lag."

Btw, nice work!
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #40

If I could turn back time, I would of never took the job I had working shift hours. Back then, I was fresh out of the Marines, when to back to school and had a baby on the way. One has to do what one has to do to make ends meet!

I just finished my morning walk. A bit over 2 miles. Now I'm waiting for sun rise. I have a full plate today to do. From cutting the yard (3 hour job)to climbing on the tractor to bushhog the back 40 so to speak. I was hoping my son would come in do that for me, but he has to work thru the weekend.

But first, I will get some work done on the camper!

Oh, everything did check out at the doctors. He told me to slow down. RIGHT! There is time for that in the grave! Of course I lisen to my body as I was told and I do carry my nitro and cell phone if I need it. If something did go wrong, this CRT-D (my "new" buddy which I call my pacemaker/defib) will shock the hell out of me to keep me alive. So I was told.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My youngest is attending the 13 week summer camp offered by Uncle Sam at Paris Island. He is in that first 4 week torture session now. I assume this summer camp comes complete with one of those jar head haircuts:>) As always - keep up the good work and don't push the old ticker too hard. One day at a time and I'll be following your progress. I should apply "Liquid Roof" this fall myself as a precautionary measure. Your post is giving me some motivation toward doing it when things cool down.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #42

Tom, tell your son to hang in there. A lot of mine games along with all kinds of PE.

Back to the camper and work at hand. Its been Hot, but I did get a break today. I didn't have to change cloths 3 times a day that I been doing due to a cool front. At 6am, it was 75F were it had been above 80F every morning.

Well, I been a bit busy working inside. I'm finish the cabints as far as everything but the doors. I was just going to cover the old ones, but instead I builted new ones. I also have all the "new" walls installed, but I still haved the front to do that I will jump on tomorrow in the morning went its still cool. I still have to hang the cabints over the stove and sink.

Once I'm finish these few things, I will have a bit sanding and a bunch of painting. Then redoing the floor for last!

The wife wants her carport back yesterday or was that 3 weeks ago?

Got a couple pictures for ya'll.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	12944   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	12945