Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #1

Escape window

Have a new TT and the windows by the bed are emergency exit windows. They have screens in them which would indicate to me that they can be opened for ventilation. The windows have a latch that you pull out and apparently just push the window open. My stupid question is how do I get the window open and do I want to do that? I put moderate pressure on the latch but the window didn't budge. Is there something else I need to do or is it just stuck and needs more pressure?
Thanks,
Warren
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #2

You just need to push a little harder if you have the latch pulled away from the window and directly in front of you. GOOD THING THE WINDOWS SEAL TIGHT. You will notice knotches on the bottom of the window latch for different vent positions
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All right, time to break out a bigger hammer!!! As someone once said (here on the forum I believe) "If it ain't broke, I can still fix it."
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Generally speaking, you don't want to pull a red lever(s) to simply open the window. They are emergency only. Pulling those levers and pushing could put the whole window assembly on the ground.

If you have screens, then you probably have a sliding window. Look at the center post for a small latch, unlock and slide window open.
If none of this looks correct, a good read of your manual is in order.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #5

Yes I've looked at the manual and I guess everyone should no how to open the window because they don't address it. It does not slide' the other windows do. I think I will call the dealer. I don't want to ruin a seal or worse. Thanks for your input, they all help.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #6

I open both of mine all the time. Just pull the red lever out and push the rod away from you, the window will pivot open at the bottom.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #7

Well we got them all to open. The rubber seal made the windows stick shut. Now they work fine just in time for the fall weather.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After opening window how do you plan on getting out. our window is more than 6 feet from the ground. We carry a boat boarding ladder from Marine dealer. It has folding arms to hang ladder over window sill and climb down. They coast less than 100 bucks and a great safty device. They store easily and come in several lengths from 3 step to 6 step. safe travels....ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #9

I hear you Ed. But with the window at my he'd and door at my feet, I have no intention of going out the window. Just looking for some air.