Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #57

A little off topic but I use a 50' pocket hose hooked up to the outside RV faucet. I can wash the outside of the RV and it stores in the outlet compartment with room to spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket Hose.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	225050  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #58

Wouldn't use anything else. 1 25' 1 50'. Both coil up in coffee can for easy storage. Use funnel and put i capful of bleach in 1 end...shut valve...pressurize....let stand while you finish packing up....open valve to flush out....roll it up and youre good to go. No bleach taste because only enough bleach to kill bacteria...won't effect the 35 or so gallons your going to add thru it......hassel free....never had a problem or one go bad.
donhollenbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #59

Clear flow hose

Best Kink Release Lightweight Garden Hose | Clear Flow™

This is one I found when researching a safe non-toxic hose. I love it so far.
jenniesdanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Not really just run water though it before hooking it up, any hose can hold a little water.

However it probably holds more than non corrugated.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnomads1974 View Post
I keep the pain in the neck white RV hose as a backup but have not needed it. I went to ZERO G and love it.
That has been our experience also.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
However it probably holds more than non corrugated.
The interior of the hose is not corrugated on all expandable hoses, only the skin is, I cant speak for all expandable hoses just the several I have had. I wish I had taken a picture of mine when it got a hole in it, it is a long flexible rubber tube that expands and contracts (but not corrugated), the inside hose is about the diameter of a #2 pencil when it is deflated. No with that being said I think it holds more water in it then a regular hose do to the fact is has such a small inside diameter, but when you release the water in the hose after shutting the water off most of it is squeezed out of the hose, so who knows.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Good to know.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:48 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrwzr View Post
I'm really tired of my white 50' fresh water hose kinking and having to wrestle with it to put it away . Has anyone used one of those expandable hoses for their fresh water hose? I see ones on Amazon that are safe for drinking water.
WE use a fifty foot curly hose from amazon..really cheap one.

We put a filter & short hose on spigot end, and a shutoff valve on camper end

I put it in a canvas bag (free shopping bag) and carry it i storage bay.

I also carry a new (cheap white hose) just in case my $9.oo curly hose destructs
Old 11-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniesdanes View Post

you might want to check about algae. I know the ad says the uv's help kill algae, but I think you'll find just the opposite. any untreated water like from a well if contained in a clear hose out in the sun light is going to grow algae very quickly. that's why all water system lines are opaque so as not to let sun light through. i had some drip system lines that I used clear tubing on they instantly in a mater of a few day turned green inside. the black tubes stay clean and my well checks out perfect other than slightly hard
Jay D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #66

Expandable hoses not a good deal, they do not last very long, and can be a good place for bacteria to grow since they keep water in the folds.
JSN NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSN NM View Post
Expandable hoses not a good deal, they do not last very long, and can be a good place for bacteria to grow since they keep water in the folds.
They don't have folds, at least not the several I have used, I do agree with they don't last very long, especially when people step on them.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
WE use a fifty foot curly hose from amazon..really cheap one.

We put a filter & short hose on spigot end, and a shutoff valve on camper end

I put it in a canvas bag (free shopping bag) and carry it i storage bay.

I also carry a new (cheap white hose) just in case my $9.oo curly hose destructs
I have a 50-foot curly hose I bought many years ago, and I despise it. Whenever I deploy it, the coils nest within themselves and it's a PITA to figure out which part is going which way in order to untangle it.

I've kept it because every once in a while I need it because my other 150 feet of regular white hose isn't enough, but I'm thinking of replacing it with an expandable hose.

I've bought two of those in the past, and one got a hole pretty quick, but the other is still okay. I like the soft surface for washing the roof of the RV--it can be pulled over the edge smoothly, and I've had regular hoses leave marks.

But I don't have much trouble coiling up my regular white hoses. I just stick with the way they WANT to be coiled up, and they never kink. Every once in a while, one of the coils seems to stick out, but I can see it happen immediately and I just redo that one turn and move on.

I have a bunch of 25' hoses, and some of them are made by Apex (the same people who make the Zero G, it turns out), so I know for sure that brand works for me. Not sure what the others are, but they act about the same.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #69
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniesdanes View Post

Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I've never seen that hose before! Thanks for letting us know about it!

P.S.- I just did a Google search and it seems that nobody has it right now???

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I've never seen that hose before! Thanks for letting us know about it!

P.S.- I just did a Google search and it seems that nobody has it right now???

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Thanks for the welcome! I see you are from MS. I was born and raised in MS on the coast.
Pam
jenniesdanes is offline   Reply With Quote