Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2022, 05:16 AM   #281

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Former pilot and skydiving instructor.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2022, 08:40 AM   #282

My User Name.

I suppose you already know that my last name is Hare. Well while I was in Nam my DG- Door Gunner BJ Athins started calling me Rabbit, you guess why. I also was a CE Crew Chief on a UH1-H and was with the HHC 1st AVN BDE. Our HQ was in Long Binh Nam. I was the CE for the CG of the BDE. There were three Generals CG's during my two year's of tour. They all were piolet's. and flew the AC with a IP as Co-Pilot. When we droped off the CG at Head Shed or HQ I got to take the pilot seat and got some stick time. going back to Sanford AF where we keeped the Bird in a Reventment. Yes the Generls were realy good guy's. They knew that while in that AC we were in charge for safty of flight. and had to respond to our command. The IP at that time had more athority then the General.We had TDY orders for the Geografic limits of Vietnam. I got to see alot of places do a lot of oberservations for support. Flew cover for others. gave gun support, Evac if nessary, currior, resupply and many other types of operations.
God I loved my job. and his protection. Our call sign was Golden Hawk. butwe just used Hawk. The Generals were Hawk-6 in on board. BuKu to talk about. NOTE: I am a member of the VHCMA & Associat of the VHPAF. SORRY about the spelling I am in a hurry. ADD has set in. WELCOME HOME.
Hare Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #283

Talking

Finally sat down and read through this thread, lotta clever RV'ers out there. My user name has to do with the fact that at times I am banished from the house either due to something I said or did, as well as for something I did not do or should have known not to say. Started with a small 19 ft class C, went to a 29 foot Voque class A, then 40 foot Monaco Signature, now 44 foot Beaver Thunder. I figure if I am going to be sent out to my doghouse, I want to be comfortable for the duration.
DADSDOGHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:17 PM   #284

I got online long years ago, and privacy and security have been important to me. Between my history, my being an expat Texan, and reading Western novels, Texas Jack came easy to me.
There are two branches of the TexasJack family, from the Brazos valley where we usually are junior sons going out into the world, being circumspect of our family's name.
Then there is the Uvalde branch, that gravitates there, drawn by the nearby Rio Grande, for that degree of safety it offers.
I am of the Brazos branch.
In another forum, I go by 'Jack from Texas,' TJ being taken.
TexasJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:47 PM   #285

Boring

Nothing fun or creative here.

Middle name (my grandma's maiden name) and favorite number.
Frost43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #286

Nothing creative. When I first signed up with AOL they gave me a user name of allenb12. B is the first letter of my last name.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:12 PM   #287

When we first got a home computer, I was away working. So my wife and kids named me Danger Ranger! It was after the ranger pu I was driving. That was some time in the early 90's
DR60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:13 PM   #288

Been living on a boat for 11 years now and am planning to split time in an RV in the years ahead. Terraboat seemed like a natural.
2023 Coach House 271XLFR on order
Terraboat is offline   Reply With Quote