Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
WOW! That's my reaction. I have never heard of such a load of manure being offered!
Loud exit, while other customers are there is the only answer and no deal.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #16

I discovered the same thing at the Explore USA Denton, TX store. I chose a trailer and we negotiated a deal. While signing the documentation, they casually handed me a paper and asked me to sign it. If I signed it, I would have signed away my legal rights. I refused to sign it and they refused to waive it. They lost the deal. I went to National Indoor RV Center in Lewisville, TX. They had a similar arbitration agreement document. It was similar, but had a clause allowing me to rescind the agreement within 10 days after signing. I bought my new Spartan from them and rescinded the agreement. Everyone is happy. NIRV made a sale and Explore USA didn't. Do the math.
Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTx View Post
When did Dealers start having you sign a Liability Release to purchase from them? We were ready to make the deal, a cash deal by the way on a 2015 Heartland 3160EL and the sales man took us into a room so we could "read along" with a CD explaining that the dealer is not responsible for any issues that may arise with the unit regardless of what the sales people may have promised or offered, or what anyone in service may have told us. If there was anything missed in the PDI or not brought to their attention before we took delivery, we were on our own and we were responsible to get the manufacture to fix the issue. If anyone at the dealer gave us incorrect information on the Proper Use, Maintenance or Correct Function of Controls, If the RV is damaged or someone is hurt, because of what or how they instructed us to use the equipment, they are not liable. I get the fact that it is a Manufacture Warranty and how it all works, this is our 4th RV over the years, all purchased new. They can not tell you or show you how to operate the basics of the equipment incorrectly and not take some type of responsibility for their action. They are getting paid a lot of money for little or no effort. This is what they choose to do in life, take responsibility for your actions and stop throwing blame on someone else. You do not have to turn your hard earned money over to a company that has this type of policy and treat customers this way. Their not the only place selling this product. Take a stand against the "Used Car Salesman" mentality of this and other dealers.

Ok now I feel better!

They must have met some friends of ours. I fully understand it. Read the manufacturers information it has a similar disclosure. Seems some people buy and then when long after they receive it the salesman told me this or that or didn't tell me this or he was wrong. RV's are complex, dealers have many models so do your home work, be an informed consumer. Know what you are buying.

Maybe your not listening so good or only want to hear a certain thing, we all do this. I understand it fully.

I can say my dealings with Giant RV have been terrible on the service end, the salesman was great and Thor Factory Warranty service has been really helpful.