Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Brilliant! We've only got one long trip this summer to Sturgis, SD, but we might just do that on the final day rolling in.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #30

One of my favorites is Peanut Butter Chicken. Easy to make in a pressure cooker. Served over rice. Ultimate comfort food!
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #31

We will be traveling with friends this year to the Good Sam Rally in KY. We have a fifth wheel & they have a Class C.
I told her about the crockpot cooking while on the road. How do you do it? Do you have to keep the generator going while you travel?
Katedltn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #32

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks-You guys are mean!

You guys are mean! I'm looking at the RV in the driveway and know we will probably not get away for up to three weeks. I was chomping at the bit to go camping and now I'm so darn hungry, I could eat the eastern end of a west bound skunk. LOL
We live in lobster country and are lucky to have a family member that is in the lobster industry. We seldom run out of lobster. Now cold beer, that's another story.

I LOVE TO CAMP AND I LOVE TO EAT---I'M NOT FAT, I'M FLUFFY

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
These are great as a side dish

My DW slices potato thin (1/8 inch) and places them in a tin foil pack with a bit of butter and Lipton dry onion soup mix. Sprinkle the soup mix and butter between potatoes and fold up foil to create a sealed pouch. Place on the barbeque and turn fairly often for the time it takes to do your steak. These are so good with a little sour cream. YUM YUM

Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
We live in lobster country and are lucky to have a family member that is in the lobster industry. We seldom run out of lobster. Now cold beer, that's another story.

I LOVE TO CAMP AND I LOVE TO EAT---I'M NOT FAT, I'M FLUFFY
Oh to enjoy Maine lobsters. I think the one's I had when I was there were shedders, or sheddahs as I believe it's pronounced. Uncle and Aunt live in Bucks Harbor, Maine. Been 25+ years since I went there, but getting lobsters right on the dock at the co-op and digging our own clams with my uncle. Man what a memory!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #35

We vacationed in Maine two summers ago (Love Portland!) and about every other day DW and I would go to a lobster shack for fresh lobster, throw a steak on the grill, and surf and turf under the stars! However, the last time we did this, the lobsters were only out of the ocean a couple of hours. They were so fresh and "alive" that they fought like hell going into the pot of boiling water, sticking out their claws and grabbing the side out the pot. From this experience my wife will never cook lobster again, though she will eat them.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We keep the meals simple....(2 week trip) On the day we leave, we usually buy a couple of premade salads and have them when we arrive. Over the years we've been reading more about people using their crock pots on the road. We usually include a pork roast with veggies cooked in 7UP all day. There's always a burger night, at least a couple of chicken breast nights. We buy stuffed pork chops for one night and burritos for another. If we're in an area that has good fresh fish, we usually do some scallops and shrimp butterflied on the BBQ.

I keep boxes of side dishes like noodles and corn bread stocked in the cupboard and we bring both fresh and frozen vegetables. On a two week trip we usually eat on the raod one night and go out for a nice dinner once or twice.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
I like to cook/grill everything over the fire or BBQ including breakfast. Something right about food cooked outside. Nothing fancy, a rib eye with a baked potato.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #38

Popcorn & TV Dinners
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Poor Mans Steak

My grand kids love this. I take a small balogna stick and slice it 3/4 of the way through and about 3/4 of an inch slices to form a bunch of patty's. I wrap it in tin foil after putting barbeque sauce in between the slices and on the outside of the balogna. Put the foil package on the grill and turn several times.We use it just like a hamburger. The kids call it "Grampy's Poor Mans Steak". I love it to.

Another good meat dish is a piece of pork loin cooked in the slow cooker with a bottle of Coke over it.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a NuWave infrared portable oven we take with us in the MH. This thing is great, our favorite is Chicken Parmesan. Doesn't heat up the whole MH, great for rainy days if you want a grilled steak etc but don't want to deal with standing around getting wet.
Also a big fan of the crockpot, one of our favorites is to throw a pork roast in with an onion and a small bottle of our favorite bbq sauce. Let it slow cook about 10 hours and it just pulls apart, voila! You have pulled pork sandwiches!
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #41

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
We cook the same things we do at home! We have an oven and the micro/conv. and the outside grill. Due to my gluten free diet we bake all our own breads and such. Life is good on the road!!
That sounds a lot like us! The DW has to be on a gluten free diet, so essentially we both are. We have a micro/convection - haven't used the convection yet as we're missing the interior shelf and just haven't bought a replacement yet, but we offset that with a countertop Cuisinart oven.

The Cuisinart oven is great! We make everything in the small oven that we would cook at home - meatloaf, chicken, turkey breasts (in place of a whole turkey), oven roasts, gluten free cakes and much more. Since it's usually just the two of us, we're buying smaller cuts of meat, etc so most times the smaller oven isn't a problem at all

We've been eating gluten free for a couple of years now and we both feel great, have more energy and have lost noticeable pounds over the years. For us, removing bread, white flour and sugar from our diets has been great! So good in fact that with the change in diet and essentially just walks with the dogs I was able to go from a 40" waste on my pants to a 33" The DW has slimmed down as well ... but don't think I'm telling her weight loss here ;-)
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #42

the BBQ(charcoal, no gas) and smoker are always going when we are out.
Usually always smoke a couple briskets and a couple turkeys for the group.
Makes for a nice smell when out all day too
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving