Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #15

I use 2 ceramic cube heaters approx 8" X 10". They have hi and low settings, 750 watts or 1500 watts, will shut off automatically if knocked over and an adjustable thermostatic fan control. One in the bathroom the other between the front seats.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I won't bother with a brand, because everybody has their favorites.

A heater with mechanical switches, because the all digital ones that *I* have had don't turn back on in the event of power loss. They remain off until you turn them back on.

Tip over turn off protection. (I believe this is standard on any new one, but I always read the box to make sure it's there. And I test it first thing out of the box.)

A sturdy/stable design, so that the tip over protection above is less likely to be needed. (I'll take it out of the box and try to tip it over in the store, to see how stable it is).

I prefer mine to have a fan so that I can direct the heat to where I want it to go. (others will avoid a fan due to the noise they make).

Small enough or designed in such a way that it will be easy to walk around, due to limited floor space.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have the Cheap Heat by RV Comfort Systems and have used it at temps down to 14 degrees F. Nice even heat through the duct system in our 35 ft. class A.
Our holding tanks are also heated by ducting and have never had a freeze problem.
The unit is permanently installed at the furnace so there is no storage issues and nothing taking up space in the coach.
I installed the system nine years ago (DIY) and we could not be more pleased.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #18

I prefer two 750 watt heaters to one 1500 watt heater and put one in front and one in bedroom. Afraid to run two 1500 watt heaters at same time.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I dont use our 2 heat pumps. Noisy and several hundred dollars to repair or replace. Space heaters are small, cheap and put out almost as much heat. Must have tip over switch and away from combustables. Check cords and outlets for over heating.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #20

I have used every type of portable heater.
I really like the oil-filled radiator type heaters. Here's why: Absolutely quiet... no noise at all. Very nice to warm an area... like next to my desk or recliner. And, if I want to warm a larger area, I use a small fan to blow across the radiator to move the heat back through the area/RV
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heat, heater