Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #1

Fifth Wheel Driving School in Oregon?

Hi all,
I've done a number of general online searches and can't find any RV driving schools in my area. There is one private instructor but he only does MHs, and I'll be towing a 5th Wheel TH. I'd also love to learn more about general RV repairs. I found a great school that does it all, but it's in Texas....
Any suggestions for where I might find something similar in the PNW?
jillhope7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #2

RV Driving School accepts 5th wheels although perhaps not all locations.

https://www.rvschool.com/school-locations/

For repairs: https://rvtechcourse.com/home-study-option/

However, I don't believe you'd need a 'school' for doing 5th wheel repairs. Just get out the manual for the appliances; use YouTube which has a lot of repair videos and finally, RVers are very friendly folks. If you're having an issue while in a campground just ask a couple people for advice. They might not do it for you but can lead you on what you need to do.

Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #3

Where are you in Oregon? I towed a 36 foot fiver for 12 years, so I have a bit of experience. If your close would be willing to give you a day for expenses.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #4

YouTube, empty parking lot, cones and practice. You’ll have it down in no time. Remember to go slow and get out and look.
03ki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Where are you in Oregon? I towed a 36 foot fiver for 12 years, so I have a bit of experience. If your close would be willing to give you a day for expenses.
I'm in Portland, but I'd travel if need be! I won't have my rig for another month or two, but if the offer still stands at that point I'll get in touch. Thank you!
jillhope7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillhope7 View Post
I'm in Portland, but I'd travel if need be! I won't have my rig for another month or two, but if the offer still stands at that point I'll get in touch. Thank you!
Sorry to heat that. Just had to go to PDX today for DRs appointment. What a mess. Hope your not in Portland proper. I live west of Salem FYI.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel