Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #1

Figures

We now own a longer RV, talking like 5' longer. We have an Eagle port for the 31' RV we sold. So we contacted Eagle they WILL NOT. Add to our existing RV port. Reason being the roof we chose will not fit properly to an extension so it will leak and wont fit correctly. Long story short I need some brain storming to come up with a fix. We don't care if it leaks , we're worried about sun and hail. So please give us some good fixes....
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 04:13 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
just get a local builder to come out, give you an estimate, buy the same materials its built from and extend it. Probably be better than the original work. You must know someone who builds.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #3

Sounds like BS about the leaking. Add on what you need, layer a full piece of metal roofing to overlap both sections and done.
Can you ask them to supply the frame pieces and roof sections? Say you damaged some driving in one day and want to replace them yourself. As mentioned, then hire someone to do the addition.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Sounds like BS about the leaking. Add on what you need, layer a full piece of metal roofing to overlap both sections and done.
Can you ask them to supply the frame pieces and roof sections? Say you damaged some driving in one day and want to replace them yourself. As mentioned, then hire someone to do the addition.
Yeah, they are just turning down small jobs because they are busy enough. Its either turn it down or over bid it with companies like that. If they were hungry they’d be all over it with no talk about it leaking. But it would be a very easy project and materials should be around $500 to add 10’ or so. Post a pic of the roofing material profile with the dimensions of one panel.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Yeah, they are just turning down small jobs because they are busy enough. Its either turn it down or over bid it with companies like that. If they were hungry they’d be all over it with no talk about it leaking. But it would be a very easy project and materials should be around $500 to add 10’ or so. Post a pic of the roofing material profile with the dimensions of one panel.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #6

I have to agree I do feel jacked around, but I will see this through. Im almost begging a rep from Eagle to at least let me buy the parts i need, its been 2 weeks now and no estimate, but I don't want to be pushy. The wheels sure can move slow. Thanks everyone !
Old 10-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #7

I would assume that you have an Eagle RV Port of pre-engineered steel? You are no doubt dealing with a local dealer who probably is not actually part of Eagle. I suggest that you start by contacting the company. You may also want to check with some of the local smaller job companies as they would likely cost far less.
CONTACT
Corporate Headquarters
210 Airport Road

Mount Airy, NC 27030

Anywhere: 1.844.900.0501

Local: 1.336.515.6185

Fax: 1.336.719.2091

sales@eaglecarports.com
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:00 PM   #8

Yeah… we went from a 32 foot to 40 DP and had to extend our shelter another 10 feet. The original installer wouldn’t touch it and could not find anyone else to do it so… I had to buy the material and do it all myself. Hope you have better luck!
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #9

Well, 99 percent sure I'll get them parts to do the job from Eagle. After 4 weeks of calling and emails and bitting my tongue, it just a matter for paperwork now. So im kinda happy. At this point it looks like 1,500 bucks, now we'll see if this ol guy can get it done, ill keep your updated, then again its not like i have those parts in may possession��