Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #15

I've gotten zinged even at my own home shop

Bob,

I've gotten bitten even at my own home shop so maybe I was due for a deal in the greater scheme of things. I had my local shop replace the water pump. They charged 6 hrs in labor even though it only took three because in their words "a guy stood behind the guy doing the work and handed him the tools, it was easier that way". Just like a surgeon. I think they maybe had a spare guy that day with nothing to do and wanted to book his time like lawyers do. Then they charged $227.72 for the water pump part itself which is about $130 on the web.

I'm taking my RV in locally again and going to try a new shop. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for a good one. I joined the local Winnebago group specifically to get people's recommendations on mechanics in the Denver area and no one could recommend anyone they had been to and that is really sad.

Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwalter View Post

Yes, it would have been cheaper to just take the car but we refuse to stay in hotels with all of the stories you hear today.n, just shorter trips.

Bob
Sure enough. I just made a quick side trip in the toad to visit a hospitalized friend last week.

One night in a quite decent motel, and I woke up with bites on my ankles

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Sure enough. I just made a quick side trip in the toad to visit a hospitalized friend last week.

One night in a quite decent motel, and I woke up with bites on my ankles
I would rather spend a night sleeping in my car rather than staying in a motel.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
I would rather spend a night sleeping in my car rather than staying in a motel.
X2...some that operate these motels - their idea of a clean room is a far cry from what I'd call clean. Yuck! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote