Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 07:32 PM   #29

Great topic. At 74, keeping healthy and slowing or stopping muscle loss due to age (sarcopenia)is important to me. Made a version of X3 band system using flat bands and light weight bar and board to stand on. Also use round bands and adjustable dumb bells. The X3 system doesn't need attachment points but I vary routines and use the ladder, hitch and anything else that might work. Fun to be creative. Always quit reps before total muscle failure. I train to keep bulk, not for strength. Tai Chi for balance and grounding. Feel better at 74 than 44! Back then trained too hard and broke down repeatedly.
bwchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #30

I have been working out with weights 3 days per week for years. I never miss a day I'm addicted. I was at a motel for a few days with no fitness room so I improvised exercising using chairs and suitcases What ever you do you must have the discipline to stick with it. Most dont.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwchase View Post
. . . I vary routines and use the ladder, hitch and anything else that might work.
Ladders are great! Most of us end up doing strength exercises for our upper body and don't work the legs - setting up a ladder and going up and down is wonderful for legs and back.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Daily Dozen still works for free...no travel required. Only problem is I still keep hearing Drill SGT Manuel Sholing yelling "get down fat boy"!!!

Good thing he did so I could make weight for flight school. 50 years in my head, what a guy.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:05 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Weigh back in high school...

was over at a girl's house and her father went to work out and asked if I wanted to work out with him...
(since he was old and I was a football, baseball, basketball, track 'athlete' and in shape thought I'd show him how )

Brought me to a back room took off his shirt to expose MUSCLE !!!!
but no weights or equipment in the room???

just an empty room and he wore my young ass OUT with just exercise.

pushups, squats, leg lifts, etc...

found out he was a local policeman and so I was nice to his daughter
Old 04-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #34

I got my TRX system just before the lockdown. Thank God, it has saved my workout routine since the gym here is now closed. I bought it for the coach and now that I have it I know it will help me stay in shape while on the road.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving