Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #15

Hi 255digger, lots of opinions and great ideas. Always good to get input from other people. I guess the bottom line is, "what fits your need right now, and what can you afford?" Fixing your MH may well be a good idea and less money, but will you be happy and will it meet your needs? If camping is all you want to do, then maybe it will be fine. Then, on the other hand it sounds like you have a lot of other things you want to use it for. Once again this is my opinion and possible a great idea, lol, Keep us posted on your decision, Peter
jaminman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #16

As crazy as it sounds, to me it's like you know you want a newer coach, yet you know it makes no fininacial sense what-so-ever. If you present unit is worth 22K, and 10K would bring it up to the level you want/demand it be...... Then the question becomes, what would it take to buy the desired replacement? 50K, 75, 100? At this point I would think th e question becomes how much is having the nicer, newer tag unit you have been eyeballing (I suspect you are) worth to you, is it worth the difference, subtract that 32 from what it would cost for the upgrade, factor in the unknowns of the up grade, and go from there. I do this every so often on my present unit (I wish I had the DP you have) and what I come up with always leaves me in my 1996 Pace Arrow. I'd like to have a newer model, but when I consider my unit spends most of it's time in a track enviornment (Moto) or boondocking with my friends at events or other dirt enviornments, it just makes sense to keep what I have for now. Also when I consider what I would have to spend to get what I don't have in this one it's frightening. I mean as far as features, I find my present unit to be fairly well equipped, it keeps me cool when it's hot, warm when it's cold, dry when it's wet, etc. Could I use another 100 HP or so, yeah for sure, and my 1990's graphic's are a tad dated, to say nothing of the interior, but hey....it's the moto-home!
Best of luck wrestling this deal, enjoy that new coach if you go that route, and smile about the cash your saving if you keep the old tried and true! For sure I will eventually upgrade, meanwhile, what do they say, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!
YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #17

Are writing some of the cost off against your business or as a second home? You need the documentation for each. These can be significant amounts.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
So this "logic" exercise must include proper motivation for you to take the time to do the required work as well? You have no regular "me" time you'd like to devote to the project?

Sounds to me like you need a coach you can get excited about, and this one isn't the one.
me time is very hard to find , my fab shop is a 1 man band operation , i generally work 10-12hrs a day everyday, and i try to leave 4 hrs a day to spending time with family , and doing a few little personal things .

like i said above , i bought this RV and was very happy when i got it , but over time i have seen other things , and have new "wants" i would be happy to keep this one and enjoy it but in the end im affraid if i spend my time and money , more my time fixing it . will i be happy a yr after i fix it or will i still want to upgrade .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminman View Post
Hi 255digger, lots of opinions and great ideas. Always good to get input from other people. I guess the bottom line is, "what fits your need right now, and what can you afford?" Fixing your MH may well be a good idea and less money, but will you be happy and will it meet your needs? If camping is all you want to do, then maybe it will be fine. Then, on the other hand it sounds like you have a lot of other things you want to use it for. Once again this is my opinion and possible a great idea, lol, Keep us posted on your decision, Peter
it is great to hear other peoples suggestions on here ,it really is helping and its making me think way to much.

i do have other uses , camping for only the past few yrs on the east coast due to the little ones. our boy will be 4 this summer , the girl will be 2 end of the yr. now that they are alittle more manageable we would like to get around more and would like to get back out west next yr , and a few other places

also i am slowly getting back into drag racing where i would like to travel to tracks instead of keeping local {within 2 hours drive} so having alittle more power would also be nice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZF571 View Post
As crazy as it sounds, to me it's like you know you want a newer coach, yet you know it makes no fininacial sense what-so-ever.
your exactly right . the RV thing is a luxury , it only costs money . it doesnt generate money so i have a hard time spending the money , sure i could do it . but its hard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
Are writing some of the cost off against your business or as a second home? You need the documentation for each. These can be significant amounts.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
i dont write anything off , i keep business and personal seperate . im sure i could , but its the way i always did things .
225digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #19

Me thinks that this is not a question of logic, but a cry for justification of a newer purchase. IMO, older is better IF the running system is OK; everything else is easily fixable by even a moderately capable person. All IMHO.

Ed
USN Ret.
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote