Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Wow that's pretty cool. What size pvc did you use?
What do the small striped flags represent?
I used 1" PVC for the main structure and 3/4" for the cross members for the garden flags.

The Blue Line flag is for support of law enforcement and also commemorates injured and fallen law enforcement. The Red Line flag is for support for of fire departments and also commemorates firefighters injured and killed in the line of duty.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjam View Post
Top Flight 22’ drive on mount. Got it used.
Any problem with it hitting your RV when it gets windy?
tom2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
We use the Flagpole buddy suction mount.
Works great!

Solar Lights
How long have you been using it? Great link.. Thanks
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I made an aluminum 3 stage powered up and down pole.......stays mounted to ladder, and is RF controlled........LED light for night using dusk to dawn sensor with a master switch inside...will also tilt down to ground to remove and install flag
I want to see that!! Sounds awesome!
Please, please, please!!! J
jeffnjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
22' extension pole on my ladder (I forget brand) with US flag and blue stripe flag. Have an led solar light on top that blinks red, blue, and green.
Sounds like my Flag-Buddy with the same light.
I proudly display the American flag and a "Don't Tread On Me" flag.
Lynn
Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjay View Post
I want to see that!! Sounds awesome!
Please, please, please!!! J
Go back to the beginning of this thread.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Built a receiver bolted to frame & comes thru licence plate position.

Slide mount into receiver and mount telescoping pole to mount.

Photo cell controls outlet to plug lights into.

2 lights mounted high enough not to bother others.

End result of many iteration on previous 8 RVs.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C65F4D7A-09A5-4796-BAEF-4E5B4BEA48CA.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	211723  
Old 07-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Now I’m just showing off, please forgive. Do miss that ‘96 Safari.

The light was mounted in blue object in roof.
Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00293485-CA77-4B2C-A554-02F015F5B62E.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	211727  
Old 07-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #37

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
I use the 22' fiberglass telescoping pole from Flag Pole Buddy and am very happy with it. I started with a 12' 2 section aluminum pole from FPB, but quickly gave up on that. The aluminum sections would seize and I had to take vice grips to get the sections to twist for closing. Definitely junk. The fiberglass is the way to go.
2016 Chev Silverado 3500HD DRW
dck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #38

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, use extra caution when using whatever system you use to display Old Glory and/or the banner of your choice. A few years ago at a NASCAR race in Dover Delaware a fan extended his flagpole and drew a spark from a nearby power line THAT WAS OVER 6 FEET FROM THE POLE. Needless to say, he lost his life (Very messy...I knew the attending EMS tech's) and injured a number of others. You don't have to touch the power line to cause disaster.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, use extra caution when using whatever system you use to display Old Glory and/or the banner of your choice. A few years ago at a NASCAR race in Dover Delaware a fan extended his flagpole and drew a spark from a nearby power line THAT WAS OVER 6 FEET FROM THE POLE. Needless to say, he lost his life (Very messy...I knew the attending EMS tech's) and injured a number of others. You don't have to touch the power line to cause disaster.
Very good reminder. I have to take a refresher class every year at work on operating heavy equipment near power lines. The videos are not pretty, but they get the point across very clearly.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 PM   #40

Flag Pole Buddy and their solar light that mounts on the top of the pole.
Zman1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:06 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dck22 View Post
I use the 22' fiberglass telescoping pole from Flag Pole Buddy and am very happy with it. I started with a 12' 2 section aluminum pole from FPB, but quickly gave up on that. The aluminum sections would seize and I had to take vice grips to get the sections to twist for closing. Definitely junk. The fiberglass is the way to go.
There are quite a few places up this way where a metal pole is not allowed. I believe Watkins Glen Raceway is one of them. Many places have height rules also, including the Glen. My 22' pole violates this rule but no one has ever said anything to me about it.
The Flag Pole Buddy mounts are easy to use to put the flag pole up with but I found there is quite a lot of clearance between the upper mount and the pole once the pole is in place. I corrected this by cutting strips of Gorilla tape and lining the inside of the mount until the pole fits snugly in the mount. I also use a screw type radiator hose clamp to hold the pole tightly to the upper mount. Before I did this I could hear the pole moving back and forth in the mount when we got any wind at all. It was annoying as my pole mounts are on my rear ladder and the bedroom is under it. Now I don't get that clunk, clunk when the wind blows.
Lynn
Old 07-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #42

http://www.flagpolebuddy.com/
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote