Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #1

Hi - I am new to this site and new to MH'ing in general. This is going to be our first purchase and have been looking at the Fleetwood Fiesta LX. What are the general impressions of this coach line or should I be looking at something else. I have read a lot of threads about the jacks and the upgrade from Fleetwood to improve. I guess I am a bit nervous about all this- thanks in advance

Team Bullrider24
Bullrider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #2

Hi - I am new to this site and new to MH'ing in general. This is going to be our first purchase and have been looking at the Fleetwood Fiesta LX. What are the general impressions of this coach line or should I be looking at something else. I have read a lot of threads about the jacks and the upgrade from Fleetwood to improve. I guess I am a bit nervous about all this- thanks in advance

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Bullrider24 to irv2.
Your doing the right thing by asking all the questions now before the purchase.
This LINK will help you get started as to what to look for, for any MH you maybe interested in.
Do not know your Dealer you may find info in this LINK.

FIESTA LX

As to the one your interested in I believe its at entry level and nothing wrong with that its a starter to something better in future.
You will gain experience in RVing and thats a plus.
Good luck in your quest you will get others with their thoughts also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bullrider24...
I would also like to welcome you to iRV2! I feel it is the friendliest RV forum on the web with the members here ready to answer questions and help solve problems.
I am also linking this to The Fleetwood Forum where more Fleetwood owners will see this and respond.

Again...welcome to iRV2...I hope you visit and post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Builder 24, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us and we hope to be able to help answer some questions. The Fiesta may be conidered an entry level coach with the amenities you have to have for it to function as a recreational vehicle and priced so the new comer can experience the lifestyle.
Once you get your feet wet and if the lifestyle is not for you or your family then you can sell out without a hugh loss. If however you catch the "bug" and love the lifestyle you will be looking soon for something with more amenities and frills. Whenever you shop, take your time and do what you are doing' ask questions and do your homework. Good luck and enjoy the website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Bullrider24 , Welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bullrider, if you are new to RVing, have you considered renting before you purchase? Many folks have found this is a good investment to help determine your needs vs. your usage. Doing this helped us decide we wanted a Class A instead of a Class C and that 36 feet was too long (at the time). You may even be able to rent the model you are considering. Welcome to the forum and safe travels.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Bullrider24,

First, welcome to iRV2. Glad to have you here!

The Fiesta is, as others have stated, an entry level Class A Fleetwood model. Fleetwood, IMO, makes good rv's. An entry level unit is a good way to enter into the Class A market without spending a boatload of money (relatively speaking...we're still talking close to $100,000). Anyway, I compared one to the Bounder we eventually ended up purchasing. The major differences were items that were standard in the Bounder were options (or not offered at all) in the Fiesta. For example:

** 6 gal hot water heater in Fiesta is standard but a 10 gallon one is standard in Bounder
** The Bounder has an energy mgmt system where the Fiesta doesn't
** Convection microwave is standard in Bounder, not in Fiesta
** Full body paint on Bounder, not on Fiesta

The list goes on & on. It's a matter of what you want to pay for the features vs options. The higher up you go in the model line, the more option items become standard items.

Rocky 2 brings up a good point. If you are new to the whole rv-ing thing, renting is a very good idea. Better to spend $1000 or so for a long weekend rental & find out it isn't the right size than to plunk down $100,000 or so & find out the rv you just took off the lot (& now is vastly depreciated) isn't right for you.

Good luck in your purchase & let us know how you make out.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of advice and welcomes. This is an unerving experience and one that requires hours of research and talking to great folks like you. I go back and forth with models - as I see one, research one and then look at others - there is this constant bombardment of lies and dislkies. I guess it is all part of the first time purchasing process. We are going to look at the Fiesta LX this Saturday and test drive it. But I am also hot to trot on the Tiffin Allegro. Price point-wise I need to look at 100k MHs. I really wish I could do a DP of FRED but I have to keep my operating budget realistic. Thanks again for the welcome - I look forward to using this forum as it is very friendly and full of knowledge. Any advise on the Tiffins?
Thanks, Joe

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 AM   #10

My fingers aren't working as fast as my mind this morning - the above post should have read LIKES and DISLIKES!

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #11

Welcome Bullrider.....NLOVNIT hit the nail on the head. My wife and I looked at most brands at the Hershey, Pa show and felt the Bounder 35E was the most bang for the buck. We set a price range and then went looking for our coach. We kept coming back to the Bounder. I have had it for a year and am very happy with it. I have some friends with a Fiesta and they are very happy with their coach. Try to attend a show where you can see a lot of different brands.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Bullrider24,

For information on Tiffin products, head over to the Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum on iRV2. They'll be agle to give you advise on those coaches.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #13

Well it looks very good for a Bounder in our future. We went and looked at one today - the 32K and fell in love with it far more than the Fiesta LX. Does 85K seem reasonable on a 112K list? Or should we push them further?

Team Bullrider24
Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What part of the country are you in? Many folks start at 32% of and end up at 26-28%. Part of it will depend upon the local market and the ammount of competition located within 100 miles.