Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #1

Flow through or cap sensors

Which type of TPMS sensors should I purchase? Flow through or cap? Thanks for your answers. TGillis
gillistd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #2

The cap sensors make the most sense for me. They are smaller, lighter than the flow thru, and I only add air a couple of times per year, so no big deal to unscrew it when I add air. I also throw away the “anti-theft” part, which also makes the actual part on the valve stem even smaller and lighter.

They look just like caps on the valves, no problems with theft .....
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #3

I used the Cap sensors originally on my TST system but changed over to the Flow Thru..I found it much easier & quicker to get to my desired inflation point. My only regret...not doing it sooner!!
groveln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:21 PM   #4

Flow through or cap sensors

Flow thru require solid “metal / brass” valve stems where the cap style can be rubber. I have flow thru on the coach and the cap style on the towed.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #5

I looked at both. The cap sensors are smaller and lighter But I travel from cold Minnesota in the spring to very hot mexico within about a weeks time. 100 PSI in 32 degree Minnesota very quickly becomes 125 PSI in Arizona. I left Oct 19 heading south and each day I had take some air out. When I got into Mexico, In two days travel I stopped 3 times each day to lower pressure. So it is really a matter of how you use them. I would like the smaller sensors but find if more convenient with the pass through. And yes, I guess I could take cap sensors off to do that, as I have to take the valve caps off anyway. This just seems easier.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
A lot depends on your style of wheel...is it going on a toad, 19.5 or 22.5 aluminum. I found the flow thru stuck out way to far on the front wheels of my coach (22.5 aluminum). I was afraid it would clip something.

As stated, you only really need to remove them once or twice a year to add air. It only takes a moment to remove them.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
The cap sensors make the most sense for me. They are smaller, lighter than the flow thru, and I only add air a couple of times per year, so no big deal to unscrew it when I add air. I also throw away the “anti-theft” part, which also makes the actual part on the valve stem even smaller and lighter.

They look just like caps on the valves, no problems with theft .....

Concur. Exactly what I did with my EZZ Tire sensors. And my toad I take them off upon returning home. Don't trust the dealer service apprentice not to screw them up or loose one.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I went with the cap sensors to eliminate the possibility of air leakage!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #9

We use cap sensors and remove them when we put it in storage.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote