Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Here is the response from FJ/Pilot to my inquiry concerning crediting gas purchases (Auto/RV islands) against the 500 gallons for Pump Start at the truck islands. Good news - the 500gallons requirement is going away. GaryKD also reported this, so its probably solid info.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Brinck:

Thank you for taking time to email me with your concern. The pump start
for RVs are currently only available on the truck diesel lanes so
gasoline purchases would not count toward the 500 gallons. However, we
have been informed that the department in charge of the loyalty program
is doing away with the 500 gallon requirement for the RV customers to
get the pump start feature. This has not been corrected yet, but it is
being worked on. In regards to the cash price in the truck lanes, once
you have the pump start feature active on your card you will only be
charged the cash price no matter what form of payment you use.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #86

I have been using Flying J for 10 years or so, they use to have the best price on the interstate hwys. Once they were bought out by Pilot, there prices were the same as Pilot and almost as Love's. My 1st time after the take over, I had to go inside to get the pump started, not with my RV card, but with cash or credit card. I told them that I didn't know how much I needed, it didn't matter to them, I gave them more cash than I knew I needed. After I finished, I went back inside and gave my RV card to them, these idots put the difference back to me on my card, not cash in my hand. Let me tell you how many multi letter words I had to eat, but, after telling these idots that I may never go back to a Flipping J station, that I wanted all moneies in my hand. After the buy out, there employees mental status and kindness dropped almost 20%. That must be part of Pilot's operational guide lines.

We do alot of traveling across the US for business, I search out Murphy USA stations that carry Diesel. They are sometimes up to .20 a gallon cheaper than Flipping J and Pilot or Love's. For the savings, I don't mind unhooking my van to get fuel and then reconnection it and leaving. As far as dumping, in most states Welcome ceter and some Rest Areas, they do have dump stations. And they are FREE!

360HP Cummings
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
The saga continues. On Sunday, February 6, I stopped at the J at exit 285 on I75 in Florida. I went to the truck pumps. The following was my experience:

1. The pump did not accept my RV Real Value Card to start the pump.
2. When getting the cashier to start the pump I was required to state the dollar amount of fuel I wanted.
3. When my receipt was provided, I did not receive the case price. I was required to pay the credit price of $3.739 per gallon.
4. The cashier mentioned that I will never be able to get the pump to start if I use my AMEX card. This was for future reference. The pump simply declined my RV Real Value card (it said declined on the screen). I never got to enter my AMEX card.

The Pilot/J had made a commitment to me that the truck pump would:
1. start with my RV Real Value Card
2. I would receive the cash price using the RV Real Value Card and my AMEX card.

I have notified my contact at the Pilot/J. We will see what the response is.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

Based on what I was told, I'm under the impression they haven't "fixed" the 500 gallon Pump Start requirement yet. Plan to, but not yet. Will be interested to hear what your contact says.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #89

I have notified my contact at the Pilot/J. We will see what the response is.

Your contact is about as good as our contacts are.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
I made my LAST stop at Pilot yesterday. At exit 141 on I 75 (Ft Myers FL) the Pilot fuel price was 3.71 cash price at the truck lanes. The islands were filthy, no wipes in the window wash bin and the trash can was running over. One block down the road was a Valero station with diesel at $3.31. Earlier in this post someone challenged us to find a lower price at the same exit then the Flying J or Pilot. Well, here it is! They can do what they like with there old/new cards. We are done!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
same here .I guess it means they will not accept Visa card at pump either.confused :john
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
I made my LAST stop at Pilot yesterday. At exit 141 on I 75 (Ft Myers FL) the Pilot fuel price was 3.71 cash price at the truck lanes. The islands were filthy, no wipes in the window wash bin and the trash can was running over. One block down the road was a Valero station with diesel at $3.31. Earlier in this post someone challenged us to find a lower price at the same exit then the Flying J or Pilot. Well, here it is! They can do what they like with there old/new cards. We are done!
The only Valero station I could find in that area on Gas Prices MSN was one 7.5 miles away, not one block away for $3.39(2/7) a gal. Today 2/8 Pilot is $3.67.

That one is 2.7 miles W. off of I75 at Exit 143 where the average RVer wouldn't even know it was there. Or if they would have enough room to get in and out of it.

All the other Valero's in the area had higher prices that I seen.
Maybe you can give us the Exit # of the cheaper price Valero you found and let us know if it is a easy in and out for a big rig RV.

In fact I couldn't find other gas station within one block of that Pilot in either direction. It is at the same exit and a couple blocks or so away from Camping World.

That Pilot station was clean & new back in the late 80's and had a real sit down restaurant in it at that time. But it's a shame over the last 20 plus years it has been run down.

If the price was to high at Pilot. Why didn't you just leave and go that block away to save that 40¢ a gal?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
years of past I just used master card with 5% discount .confusing reading all this and all I want to do Is continue using my discount card`to move on now have to pay to get water or dump.any body know for sure if they accept regular credit cards to start pump as i cannot get 5% unless card useed `at pump not at desk ,FJ s do not answer e mail .John
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post

chuck and mary, i agree with your assesment of the pilot in ft myers.
we live off the same exit at cypress woods, by the way is 139. their prices seem to be running about 25 to 30 cents higher. as far as the valero it is at exit 143 north of the river then west approx 3 mi. jimsue
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 AM   #95

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Jim and Sue. I guess you are correct on the exit number. We were fueling then looking for a campground and got a bit turned around. The real point was the $.40 difference in price. You could get into a Valero but it would be like trying to use the RV lanes at a Flying J. I can understand a few cents difference in stations, and can live with that, but 30 to 40 is quite a different story when you are buying 70-80 gallons.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
We stopped at flying J just north of Richmond VA on Sunday the 6th. We use gas not diesel. I used my rv card & my Discover card it pumped for $75 & stopped. When I tried to restart it I had to go inside to have the clerk turn it back on & she also charged my DC $125. I went out pumped in $101 & had to go back in for the correct charge & my reciepts. This time it was a different clerk & she could not find my charge in the computer/register. The original clerk had to come help her & she finally found my DC charge & made the charge the correct amount. I did get the .02 cents off on each fueling. Then we went inside & ate lunch at Denny's. I don't think I have ever spent that much time in a gas station since I worked in one. 1 1/2 hrs from the time we pulled off I-95 till we got back on. I did have to wait for one other RV to fuel up in front of me, & had to do the same ordeal to get his fuel.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #97

The Ft. Myers Flying J is TERRIBLE. The Pilot at Punta Gorda is clean, but the fuel price is 25 cents higher than the Walmart at Exit 170.

Pilot/Flying J has been my fuel choice, but no longer. Love is looking better every day.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #98

Monaco Owners Club
what arte we to do ?use trucklanes and pay cash? John
Closed Thread