Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #15

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
I've tried registering my card twice. Twice the system says the registration cannot be completed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #16

There are a few ...

There a few RVers that are really slobs ...

I stopped at a FJ in Kansas within the last week ... someone had dumped their holding tanks into the well evidently without paying the dumping fee to have the dump opened ... all of their solids and paper were left in the well ... pretty disgusting ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
There a few RVers that are really slobs ...

I stopped at a FJ in Kansas within the last week ... someone had dumped their holding tanks into the well evidently without paying the dumping fee to have the dump opened ... all of their solids and paper were left in the well ... pretty disgusting ...

When I witness something like that I'm glad my cell phone has a camera, I don't remember license plates well these days.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #18

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
"Loyalty card" refers to any of the several 'good customer' cards that Pilot and Flying J offer to their customers as a reward for doing regular business with them. There are so many of them they just talk about them as a group called Loyalty Cards. They used to call them Rewards cards.
Thank you, I was thinking they wanted a charge card number.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the campground in Maine where we stay and work in the summer, He doesn't want off the road folks dumping in his dump station. The $25 fee usually discourages off the road folks to do this. Of course, patrons use the facility for free. He has to maintain his own treatment plant for the campground.

One popular campground (Little Pondarosa) closed several years ago in our area because the State insisted he build a sewage treatment plant on his property. The cost would have been near one million dollars. He just shut it down.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On our way south from Michigan to Texas, I have fueled up at Flying J twice. After registering my old RV loyalty card on-line, at the first stop in Franklin, Ky. the old card worked fine......discount received and I was able to fill my tank without stoppage. Second stop in Texarkana, Ar. the card would not register and there was a $75 limit at the RV pump. Had to restart pump to fill tank with my CC and didn't receive discount. When I inquired at desk, was told my old card not valid and they gave me a new one. It appears it totally depends on which location you stop at whether or not your card is valid. Will continue to monitor this as we travel the next 3 months.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi rhjokie2,

Welcome to iRV2. Your first post is quite bold. The Pilot/J company is getting back to where the program was before Pilot purchased the J. The program is not the same. For me, if they deliver what they have promised, I'll be a loyal customer. For RVers, highlights of the loyalty plan are (from the Pilot/J web site):
  • Instant fuel discounts at the pump on diesel, gas, and propane
    • $0.03 off diesel (currently available at RV and auto diesel lanes only)- COMING SOON TO TRUCK DIESEL LANES
    • $0.02 off gas
    • $0.10 off propane
  • $5 off dumping fees
  • Register your card to earn special members-only offers
    • Unlimited fuel discounts (no max gallons)
    • Pump Start
    • Members-only benefits such as the Coffee Club, buy 5 hot beverages and the 6th is on us!
If this does not present a value to you, please feel free to go elsewhere. This will make the line shorter for those of us who find the Pilot/J a value.
Thanks Gary,
You can have my spot at FJ. I gave it up a year ago, I hope it's still there for ya.

I'm not aware that they boosted the diesel discount to $.03/gallon...
not enough for me to come back though. I've found that FJ's prices are higher than stations around theirs.
With their nasty attitude, (I can have one too) I'll go somewhere else, Thank You.
I have a habit of voting with my feet.
Larry K. (thecruiser)
Larry K. (thecruiser)
MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
20 cents a gallon above competitors prices but 3 cents back (17 cents overcharge for not shopping them). A free hot beverage with the purchase of five. A whole 5 dollars off the dump station (free at the campground)
Kinda hate passing up deals like that.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #23

MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
20 cents a gallon above competitors prices but 3 cents back (17 cents overcharge for not shopping them). A free hot beverage with the purchase of five. A whole 5 dollars off the dump station (free at the campground)
Kinda hate passing up deals like that.
here ya there on are way down south sat night diesel 3.33 sun morn 3.47 but at the other gas stations 3.28 don't understand why they hit the truckers like that
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Over the years I've sort of built up a loyalty to FJ but lately that has gotten kinda strained. Presently, my attitude is that if they meet my needs at a fair price they'll get my business but not at a higher-than-market price. Too many locations have become too hard to use and the RV island downright dirty. My loyalty card seems hit and miss and the pumps/card readers flakey. If Pilot can get this worked out, fine. If not, there are other alternatives. While I appreciate dump and parking facilities, these are not facilities we normally use.

JT
RV'nOldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #26

I keep on trying to access the pilot/flying J website and it keeps on erroring out. Anyone have a link that works?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #27

Okay, so I finally can get into the Pilot/Flying J website. I try to login and it won't let me log in with any of the information I registered with for Flying J. So, no biggie, right? I'll just reregister. So I give them my e-mail and the site says they will send me a link to finish registering. I go to my e-mails and there is the link. I access the link and it tells me it can't complete the registration until I complete the information below. There is no information below. Below that statement is a red screen with absolutely no place to register anything. I hope this is not indicative of how they will operate as a company.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I hope this is not indicative of how they will operate as a company.
Unfortunately, I think that is exactly how things will go now that the merger is complete. Never was a fan of Pilot or any of the other national truck stops because they didn't cater to RV owners......Flying J did.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote