Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #15

Ok, hello Billy and Kris, I am friends of Tim and Mary, just moved from Little Rock to Florida....

I have personal experience with FMCA assist...... two years ago my husband and I were in a trip to Tampa to visit grands, when Larry had a heart attack, got out of hospital and a week later started having multiple heart attacks, he survived and the medical team said we had to get back home to Little Rock or plan on staying in Tampa for a year, that Larry needed a LVAD heart pump. We chise to go home, I had firgitten we had FMCA, but a rv friend reminded me.... so I called... one call.... they took over, they called the air ambulance and a day later we were in the air with 2 pilots, 2 EMT’S on our way to Baptist in LR, they made all of the arrangements, the ambulances etc.... it was amazing,
Then they paid for 2 of our friends to fly to Tampa to drive our coach back home, as well as getting our dogs back..... total cost was over $25,000...

I will be a member of FMCA forever.... it was just so easy and smooth.... larry is doing well and we just moved to Florida... i can never sing their praises enough.... a few months after this happened, which was in Feb 2017, a friend of mine was at a rally and met the FMCAssist rep, he remembered our experience.

So if personal experience counts for anything, go with FMCA for medical travel help..... husband was already 100%DAV on both medicare and social security, retired army...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Why not call FMCA 800-543-3622 and ask for Membership Services and ask your specific questions. Further information may be available from Seven Corners, the provider. Hearsay and opinions should not be treated as gospel when it comes to the very important benefit.

Ok, I did. I spoke with Aaron and he said that FMCA WILL transport the member back home if they are not able to do so on their own.

It does seem strange though that they removed that from current benefits listed on their webpage as for some that would be the biggest potential benefit.

Tags
travel