Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
My concern is stale data too and that is why I hadn't done the deal yet. I really regret losing my bookmark on the topic of stale data. One guy had his trailer tire go missing on a dual axle and the monitor never did notice it was missing.
Technomadia did a real good video on stale data. He recommends EEZ Tire.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
Technomadia did a real good video on stale data. He recommends EEZ Tire.
Thanks!!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Family Motor Coach Association
Since FMCA now accepts towables, they changed the name to initials only- FMCA, it's no longer family motor coach assn.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #32
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
You're very lucky. That could have turned into a calamity. Good thing that trucker stopped.

I have been using the TST 507 for 8 years and I am very pleased with it. It does what it is supposed to do.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Am I correct that FMCA no longer uses Coach Net as the towing provider. I think they stopped several years ago, I stayed with Coach Net and have been very pleased with the service after being towed 3 times and one tire change.
Actually Coach Net dumped FMCA and teamed up with Good Sam thinking they would have a larger member base to draw from
Old 05-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #34

After searching the www using TST507 stale data and it does display stale data until the unit is powered off and on or the missing sensor sends a signal.

I can see how if a sensor drops off randomly it can be annoying with the warning but I would rather know the data is accurate.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
After searching the www using TST507 stale data and it does display stale data until the unit is powered off and on or the missing sensor sends a signal.

I can see how if a sensor drops off randomly it can be annoying with the warning but I would rather know the data is accurate.
Can you post a link to your findings? TST claims sensors update every 2 minutes and immediately for fast air leak.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Can you post a link to your findings? TST claims sensors update every 2 minutes and immediately for fast air leak.
It updates quickly but if the sensor doesn’t report it leaves the last reading on the screen until it’s powered off and on.

I’m not going to copy and paste all the threads here and on other forums, there are quite a few. Go to google.com type in “TST507 stale data” and you will find several. Here is a good example.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-102172.html
Old 05-07-2018, 03:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjclarke696 View Post
Was thinking the same thing. Do all of you that are having brake trouble have the W22 chassis?
Same calipers are on the W20/22/24 and maybe a few other models and no, not everyone. But when they seize it's never an easy fix. Prevention requires changing the brake fluid once every two years and cleaning/lubing the slider pins and the carrier the caliper rides in. I had done the brake fluid flush myself and had the calipers and pads inspected when I got the new tires. I should have done the cleaning and lubing of the pins & carrier, so that is on me....no excuse, but I just ran out of time as we were almost a week late in getting on the road. I did spend several days on cosmetics(Zep) which in hindsight was a bad call priority-wise...same with the TPMS.

I have very little maintenance records from previous owners, so don't know when the last brake fluid flush was done. So, right now I am leaning towards replacing all calipers and rubber brake lines, Rotors if needed, and new pads. I just don't trust the parts that are there & if the rig sat too much(like many rigs here of any brand) then the damage from none-use is already done.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Since FMCA now accepts towables, they changed the name to initials only- FMCA, it's no longer family motor coach assn.
The packet I got in the mail last month after joining still says Family Motor Coach Association, along with stickers and tags. I had Good Sam prior to this and when their rates jumped I started looking around. I really think all towing insurance company's use the same tactics....find you a tow for the cheapest rate possible, so they all end up calling the same service that accepts their terms/pay rate. I went with FMCA because the Life Flight is included in their membership. You have to join FMCA before you can buy their towing insurance, so it's two different things.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:41 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
(3) times? holeey crap!

THis should NOT be happening so frequently..........
No, it definitely shouldn't. Mine is a P30 and it sat for almost 3 years. Maiden voyage home forom Ohio I had hot brakes on the right rear near Jellico in the Smokies. Mobile mechanic changed right rear caliper at truck stop. After 36 hours at the trucks stop we continued home. Got to McDonough, Ga and hot brakes on left front. Had MH towed to a Chevy dealer where they cleaned and lubed all calipers and brake linkage. $1300 for that one. That was 2 1/2 years ago and I had one other hot brake on right front. I changed the remaining 2 calipers and all the rubber hoses. Everything seems good now except left front runs hotter than the rest by about 15-20 degrees. TPMS saved me 3 times.

Not a good time
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:48 AM   #40

THANKS to the trucker who gave up his large fire extinguisher, without it, you may have been tent camping at Loves.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:49 AM   #41

My P30 Flair never had any brake problems except that you don't just demand a P30 to stop, you have to suggest it ahead of time(a whisper is preferred), let the idea float around in the P30's brain, then stopping will begin.....lol.

Honestly, when I test drove a Workhorse the first time I was blown away by how good the brakes were. Poor choice in description eh? But seriously, properly functioning Workhorse brakes are amazing, and I will have mine properly functioning again no matter what it takes.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:51 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
Same calipers are on the W20/22/24 and maybe a few other models and no, not everyone. But when they seize it's never an easy fix. Prevention requires changing the brake fluid once every two years and cleaning/lubing the slider pins and the carrier the caliper rides in. I had done the brake fluid flush myself and had the calipers and pads inspected when I got the new tires. I should have done the cleaning and lubing of the pins & carrier, so that is on me....no excuse, but I just ran out of time as we were almost a week late in getting on the road. I did spend several days on cosmetics(Zep) which in hindsight was a bad call priority-wise...same with the TPMS.

I have very little maintenance records from previous owners, so don't know when the last brake fluid flush was done. So, right now I am leaning towards replacing all calipers and rubber brake lines, Rotors if needed, and new pads. I just don't trust the parts that are there & if the rig sat too much(like many rigs here of any brand) then the damage from none-use is already done.

I’m in the same boat with my 05. No maintenance records from previous owners. I also appear to have the same luck as you so the brakes will be serviced before we head out this summer.
I thought the w22 had 2 piston calipers?
I know my w24 has the heavy duty 4 piston ones.
How’s the repair going? Hopefully you’ll be able to continue your trip.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote