Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaTom View Post
Right now I have AAA Premier for our passenger cars but for our Motorhome I think about Coach-Net or FMCA.
Is on of them a full replacement for my AAA Premier membership if they are not behind my coach?
Do your research. AAA max payout is $500…

That doesn’t tow you very far…
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #44

Will Your Roadside Assistance Policy:
1. Only tow you a set number of miles maximum?
2. Arrive with the correct towing vehicle the first time?
3. Keep you informed while they try to find a truck large enough to safely tow your RV? Provide ETA and then check to see if the ETA was met? Check with you concerning your safety?
4. Disconnect the driveshaft
5. Tow you from private property like a camp ground or even Harvest Host camping area?
6. Tow you to the best place to get the problem fixed, or only to the closest place to you?
7. Limit the number of tows per quarter, year, lifetime?
8. Limit the amount of cost to tow to say $500 or so. My last tow was almost $2,000.
9. Provide for any mechanic’s time to cover whatever is needed to get you back on the road without towing. Example: Locksmith, tire changing, filter change, belt install???????
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaTom View Post
Right now I have AAA Premier for our passenger cars but for our Motorhome I think about Coach-Net or FMCA.
Is on of them a full replacement for my AAA Premier membership if they are not behind my coach?
…maybe some of you didn’t understand my post?
I already like to use Coach-Net as roadside assistance for my coach!

My question was if Coach-Net can replace my existing AAA membership for the regular cars.
But Alan have answer my question
FloridaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #46

Emergency Roadside Assistance

M y husband and I just returned from a month long trip from Rochester, NY to several National Parks in the West. We are new Coach-Net members after researching what company to sign on with mostly through this website. During our travels we needed emergency assistance for tires and the Hydraulic Leveling System. The first call was on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on I-90 inSouthern Minnesota between Albert Lea and Blue Earth. After 61/2 hours someone finally came and fixed our issue at no charge. I know it was a Sunday and gorgeous weather, but isn't that an unusually long wait? I am wondering if others experience the same wait time when the call is made on weekends or holidays?

The second call we made was because of a leaky tire valve stem in West Yellowstone. It took several hours because the service person was sent to the wrong location and then we were told no one could get to us and we limped to a tire center 6 miles away.

Did we just have bad luck or are experiences like this common?
speters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by speters View Post
M y husband and I just returned from a month long trip from Rochester, NY to several National Parks in the West. We are new Coach-Net members after researching what company to sign on with mostly through this website. During our travels we needed emergency assistance for tires and the Hydraulic Leveling System. The first call was on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on I-90 inSouthern Minnesota between Albert Lea and Blue Earth. After 61/2 hours someone finally came and fixed our issue at no charge. I know it was a Sunday and gorgeous weather, but isn't that an unusually long wait? I am wondering if others experience the same wait time when the call is made on weekends or holidays?

The second call we made was because of a leaky tire valve stem in West Yellowstone. It took several hours because the service person was sent to the wrong location and then we were told no one could get to us and we limped to a tire center 6 miles away.

Did we just have bad luck or are experiences like this common?

That all sounds about right to me. Wait times can be long when the contracted company is very busy and has their wreckers on a big job.

The valve stem incident sounds like miscommunications problems on their end.
No person or company is infallible, mistakes are made and people forget.
Add to that the person who received your call is likely making minimum wage and was only taught to read the monitor screen questions to you. This is when you should request to speak with a supervisor, they do know their job.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:43 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
FMCA or CoachNet?

Yes , depending on where you are and the day , like Friday night or Sunday. It may take awhile. I’ve tried several services and Coach net was the same. My sister in law was office manager for a towing company. The only one for miles. They refused all business with the rv towing services because they lost money on the service/ tows with the meager rates they all pay. That meant they had to find someone 60 miles or more away, who might work them in. You’ll do better time wise to call someone yourself. Google services in the area you are. I still maintain towing service ( escapees-Safe Ride) for the possible long $ 1,000s plus tow that might happen and I’ll gladly wait to save a few grand