Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Okay ladies, wondering what your preference is in shaving while RVing (and no fair if you don't nee
Electric 5 9.26%
Navy shower - shave in shower 33 61.11%
Use bathroom sink and shave whenever 8 14.81%
Campground showers 1 1.85%
Don't bother 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Kate -

I know I'm not the only woman in the world with this....ah.....particular....problem

I remember my grandmother (from my childhood many years ago) who had this one hair coming out of her chin. It was l-o-n-g, hard and stubby and reminded me of the hair on the nose of a an old "hag". That's why I dubbed it the hag hair!

I asked her why she didn't pull it out...she said NO! Two more would grow in it's place!

I suppose the older us ladies get, the more issues we have to deal with. I swore I'd never be as old as my grandmother...that which I fear is HERE!

Sandy

PS: Slanted tweezers are the best and my grandmother was WRONG! That one little hag hair is long, hard and stubborn - but it gets tweezed often!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #30

I have an agreement with both my daughter and daughter-in-law that when I can't take care of things like that little "hag hair", they will do that for me. Both have promised to get that hair and trim my toenails!!! Couldn't ask for anyone to love me more than that!
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #31
jmo

Sallys Mom, I have all boys but maybe a caring DIL someday

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #32

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Jeez, I hadn't thought about bringing that subject up with my daughters. It's a good idea to make these arrangements ahead of time. I don't know how they will take it but they have both said they will take care of us in our old age so...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #33

We have 5 kids and 13 grandkids. I'm almost 70 and eldest grandgirl is almost 20 - she's my #1 backup "hag hair nabber". I'm so lucky to have four more - 13,12,11 & 10. Each has promised to make sure nothing is stuck between my teeth, or, if it comes to that, that I actually have teeth!!!
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #34
jmo

Off topic a bit but reminds me a woman friend comes in handy too. Out boating recently, fair skinned so slopping on lotion, big hat...crowd of us so she motions that lotion sighted from inside my nose by sticking her finger in hers ...I thought she was picking her nose Hysteric's when we figured it out later

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #35

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsavage:
Lisa G... I am laughing so hard I'm crying!!! That is hysterical (to me... cause I didn't experience it!). Thanks for sharing, and for having a sense of humor... think we've all experienced something similar!

Brenda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same reaction when I read that. My husband and son could not figure out why I was laughing so hard, tears streaming and gasping for air. Needless to say, I wasn't able to stop laughing long enough to even give them the gist. Hubby also read it after and couldn't quite relate, although found it amusing. I have found myself in similar situations trying new product buy thankfully not that extreme.

2004 Suzuki SV650S
Lisa G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #36

I have used an epilady for 15 yrs. It's electric but with a spring that pulls the hair out by the roots. Since I have been using this I now only have a few hairs on my legs. My skin is nice and smooth and the reason I started using it was because my eye sight was going and the glasses fog in the shower. I was really tired of all the cuts I was giving myself with a regular shaver. Hope this helps. Can be found a better department stores.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pardon me for logging on with my husband's log on name . . . Haven't established one for myself yet.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one still using the epilady. Have used mine for many years and now am so spoiled to not having "stubble" and not having to use it very often, don't think I could ever go back to a razor. Hair grows back soft and less of it.

The epilday was the only thing I can remember that neither of my daughters wanted to borrow but once!

Call me crazy, but you do get used to it and for me, the good outweighs the bad.

JeeperJohn's better half, Marsha
Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I have had my legs and everything else waxed for so long that I have very little hair nowadays. I shave by using lotion on my legs and rinsing the razor in the sink. Leaves them really smooth. And the pitts get shaved in the shower.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #39

Sally's Mom - I'm the same way! I am a fanatic about having pedicures and keeping my nails groomed and painted! My mom let hers go in her golden years and they were horrible. I don't feel female if my toenails are groomed and painted!!! I will have to have someone come to the nursing home and do it for me, I guess, as I have sons and probably won't live anywhere near either of them when I get to that point.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #40

Lisa G, I just laughed so hard I peed my pants - LOL - OMG!! So funny!! That reminds me of the first time I had a bikini wax - the woman had just graduated from cosmetology school - unbeknownst to me - and nearly KILLED ME. I left with one side waxed - the other side hairy. There was no WAY I was going to let her touch me again. I picked wax off for WEEKS. I finally found a good, experienced aesthetician and I MISS HER out here on the road!!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #41

Nor'easters Club
I found the neatest thing at Bed Bath and Beyond, usually $9.99 on sale for $1.25 today. It's called a Rest "n" Shave shower foot rest. It sticks to your shower about 12" from the bottom (and comes with caulk to put around it) for your foot to rest on when you shave. I can't wait to try it out!It even holds the razor! It says "The Rest N Shave gives every woman a comfortable place to rest her foot when shaving or washing her feet. Made of high quality plastic, it's gentle slopw eliminates balancing acts, acrobatics or awkward contortions. Truly a bathroom accessory with a woman in mind that just makes sense."

I immediately thought of this thread!