Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2021, 03:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHill View Post
Hello!

Let's say that an RV park can't get full hookups for whatever reason, would you be ok with a mobile dump station that came to you for dumping?

I know that cost would come into play but I'm more curious about whether that service would be ok with the RV community.

Thank you very much!

GT
I have 35 gallon tanks and I wouldn’t use the service. If I’m at an RV park I do not expect to pay to dump my gray water. I feel like should be included in the cost of spending the night which is outrageous to begin with.
Markski618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2021, 03:37 PM   #30

I would use it at a park that didn't have sewers and you had to move the RV to dump. I try to avoid those parks, but in some places you can't.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #31

Even the Albuquerque Balloon Festival and the Quartzsite AZ big winter spot has roving trucks that will empty your tanks. I think if you're an RV park you need to lower your site price to accommodate the extra charge the customer will have. If you're a destination-type rv park people won't mind paying a dump fee. If you're a simple RV park where other parks are nearby, people would not stay longer than they need. We could last 14 days before having to dump and by that time we were ready to move on, anyway.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #32

You may know of an rv park that doesnt have
A dump station..i dont. But i could see a need for this service at a festival..like a bluefgrass festival
Where folks just park rvs in a field and there
Is no dump station. Or very remote national
Park or national monument campgrounds.
Even some of them have dump stations.
But most "rv parks" ive been to at least have
A dumpstation as you leave.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #33

Mobile is OK as long as it comes often enough. We stayed in Lake Havasu City this summer on the lake - no sewer, but a mobile service @ $10/dump. Problem was, it only came 2x week.

When I do laundry, I get 3 loads on an empty grey tank with a little room to spare. We have tankless water heater so we aren’t supposed to take a traditional on/off RV shower, but users manual says to keep the water running. Our showers can dump quite a bit in the grey.
donnahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHill View Post
Hello!

Let's say that an RV park can't get full hookups for whatever reason, would you be ok with a mobile dump station that came to you for dumping?

I know that cost would come into play but I'm more curious about whether that service would be ok with the RV community.

Thank you very much!

GT
Just about all of the places we stay lack sewer hookups. Most have a dump station. I have small capacity waste tanks so would likely be interested in this kind of service. Cost would be an issue. So would be scheduling.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:45 PM   #35

So OP.........

What is the plan?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:20 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
We stayed at the Valdez, Alaska KOA for almost two weeks in June 2019 with "full" hookups. The power and water were actually at the site, but the sewer connection was a honey wagon that the campground owner brought to our site and operated himself. We had no problems with this arrangement and it emptied our black tank at least as well as I manage, if not better. The KOA also had a permanent dump station for campers without "full" hookups.
harrierncd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:39 AM   #37

Mobile dump.

Would be fine to me. As long as the price was reasonable.
Roadyacht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:46 AM   #38

Do these mobile "dump" trucks let you do a black tank flush after the initial dump?
Old 12-31-2021, 09:50 AM   #39

Mobile Dump Stations

We have taken advantage of these on several occasions.
Just check into the office and either that day or the following day - Tractor and tank appears - does a nice clean empty and we are good to go.

There is a small charge - but is is worth it

Yes - I will always take advantage of this alternative
ampettigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Do these mobile "dump" trucks let you do a black tank flush after the initial dump?
If you're using your black tank constantly you don't need to 'flush' it every time. The swoosh of emptying will do a good enough job. Add water to the bottom of the tank to get started and you're all set.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:11 PM   #41

I used the honey wagon service for the first time this year. I wasn’t there when they came, but my black and grey tanks showed empty upon my return.

I am neurotic when dumping. I flush and flush and then flush some more. The honey wagon just pulls the slides and that’s it. I will say an empty tank is better than a full tank. I believe it cost me $10.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #42

I'm at a bit of a loss about why people want their black tanks to be pristine for ten minutes.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hookups, rv park