Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #1

? for those in Oregon

After seeing posts from worried RVers about where they would go when Gov. Brown closed campgrounds I reached out to my local state reps. I've seen fewer posts about those in need.

I don't want to keep pushing officials to solve a problem that is not there anymore. So if you are still in need please let me know.
4zebras is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #2

Not exactly sure what you are asking here. But, since I do live in Oregon, I'll say what the cutest status is for people wanting to camp.. Basic answer - no camping. All state parks are now closed with no real opening date posted. Just this past week, the federal areas, NF and BLM lands came out and closed access to all camping, campgrounds, day use areas (BLM). What you can say is that camping in state and federal lands in Oregon is pretty much done till further notice, We are also seeing some towns / areas stating 1) welcome to visit but no overnight stays, 2) don't come here till iris is over, etc. If you are suggesting people from California come here, please don't do that as we have our own set of problems with the virus now. Stay put, stay sheltered. If you are full timing, that will be a problems but I wold suspect private RV parks are still taking people in.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zebras View Post
After seeing posts from worried RVers about where they would go when Gov. Brown closed campgrounds I reached out to my local state reps. I've seen fewer posts about those in need.

I don't want to keep pushing officials to solve a problem that is not there anymore. So if you are still in need please let me know.
It would be prudent to just stay out of Oregon right now, and yes the people here are quite polite on a normal basis..read normally. The coastal communities have closed shop and have stated stay out for now. This virus thing suddenly grew from a hundred to 700 hundred in just a few days...people are uptight.
EyezOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Not exactly sure what you are asking here. But, since I do live in Oregon, I'll say what the cutest status is for people wanting to camp.. Basic answer - no camping. All state parks are now closed with no real opening date posted. Just this past week, the federal areas, NF and BLM lands came out and closed access to all camping, campgrounds, day use areas (BLM). What you can say is that camping in state and federal lands in Oregon is pretty much done till further notice, We are also seeing some towns / areas stating 1) welcome to visit but no overnight stays, 2) don't come here till iris is over, etc. If you are suggesting people from California come here, please don't do that as we have our own set of problems with the virus now. Stay put, stay sheltered. If you are full timing, that will be a problems but I wold suspect private RV parks are still taking people in.
Private Oregon RV parks are NOT taking people in.
We had long standing reservations at Winchester Bay RV Resort 3-18 thru 4-1. They kicked us out 3-23 at 1pm. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Get out asap. Only exceptions were camp hosts and veterans. Full time RV'ers we given 12 hours to leave.
North bound I-5 in Oregon looked like a rolling RV parade that afternoon. No regard given to the full timers IMHO.
The ones who asked were told to take it up with the Sheriffs department if they didn't pack up and go.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:59 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Same in Wa. We had a reservation at Birch Bay for April 8 - 23. Two weeks ago, we received an email stating all public washrooms, showers and pool would be closed and the park would only be open to self contained units. Today, received an email that the park is completely closed for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I started making reservations for Oregon and Washington in December 2019 for the full month of July 2020. I have a weeks stay at four different campgrounds in each state of which 2 are SP one in each state. As of today not a single one has made contact to say our reservations have been cancelled. I checked all the websites and no mention of being closed. Understand things are in turmoil right now and we're not sure if we'll start on May 12 for a 4 month trip. Seems like they would notify us.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #7

Just drove from Calif thru Oregon yesterday, on I=5......lots of rv's in private campgrounds......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Just drove from Calif thru Oregon yesterday, on I=5......lots of rv's in private campgrounds......

How was the traffic on I 5 ?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #9

Quote:
You may want to catch up with the Oregonian editorials...about a week ago it was fairly straightforward...

https://www.google.com/search?q=oreg...hrome&ie=UTF-8
EyezOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:43 PM   #10

I saw what I saw......traffic was busy from Salem northbound to the 205 cutoff. then not bad....been in Ariizon for 6 months....not interested in fake news...and wasn't on 101...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
I saw what I saw......traffic was busy from Salem northbound to the 205 cutoff. then not bad....been in Ariizon for 6 months....not interested in fake news...
We saw the same thing from Eugene northbound I-5 as we came home after being evicted from Winchester Bay. Lots of RVs in private CGs. Made zero sense...
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 PM   #12

Clarifying my question

Sorry everyone clearly I did not explain well. I was reaching out to my local Oregon reps to advocate for the RVing community. Specifically those in Oregon who may have lost a spot to camp with their RV during the shut down by the Governor. My husband and I have a spot in Oregon and are fine.

However, I'd seen others post that they had no where to go and didn't know what to do. My goal was to convey the impact the executive orders had on full time RVers to see if they could provide clarification or a solution for those without a space to live in their RV.

If that was no longer a need I was going to stop pressing for it.
4zebras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #13

I am in Oregon, in Coos Bay and the Coos County Commissioner’s released this statement today. I have heard Douglas and Curry counties are following suit...This includes all RV parks

***Coos County Commissioners Ban Temporary Stays for Tourists***
Coos County Commissioners, in a split decision, adopted an order restricting short term rentals in the county. They cited public health authority to enact the emergency prohibition. Short-term rentals are defined as rentals for less than 30 days. It does allow for local county residents and their families to use lodging facilities and provided an exemption for essential workers in healthcare, construction, military, the trucking industry and utility crews. The resolution also closed all public pools, spas and public bathing facilities. It calls for property owners to take reasonable steps to terminate occupancy by 5 pm tomorrow for those who do not meet the exemptions. The order is in effect through April 30th.
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
FWIW, according the Washington's order, as of this posting, Private RV parks are considered essential. I'm not going in case someone that is fulltime needs a spot, but if any are closed, in WA, it's not because of the Government order.

And yes, I realize this thread is about Oregon, but just in case someone is looking, I would call the private ones in WA.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote