Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Thumbs up FORD Customer Service

I have a Newmar Baystar with Alcoa Rims. The chrome coating was peeling off ,I called Ford Customer Service to inquire if they might be under Warranty. They Sent Four New Rims within a Month,contacted a Local Ford dealer for installation at no charge. I had to share this, because Ford stood behind their Products and without Excuses- hard to find these days.
Brnwaterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
That is impressive - you have a better Ford dealer than mine Mine fought every warranty issue.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
That is impressive - you have a better Ford dealer than mine Mine fought every warranty issue.
This was my experience and I swore I wouldn't buy another Ford, that was +20 years ago and I'm Ford Free.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #4

We had excellent support from Ford with our F53 chassis. Had 1 wheel bearing seal leak and later a differential seal and both were corrected promptly and each by a different dealer in a different state. The first was in TX and the second in ID. We kept that RV for 14 years and I would choose their chassis again.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on my 3rd Ford Chassis. 2 F53s and a E350. No problems. Just hard riding compared to my DP.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:31 PM   #6

My local Ford dealer said we don't service motorhomes. I had a check engine light I wanted him to check out. When I asked for a dealer I could take it to, the service person said I don't know and walked away.

I was a Ford buyer.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeds636 View Post
My local Ford dealer said we don't service motorhomes. I had a check engine light I wanted him to check out. When I asked for a dealer I could take it to, the service person said I don't know and walked away.

I was a Ford buyer.
Ford car dealers don't normally work on large trucks. Call the 800 F-53 support number in your Ford paperwork and they'll tell you the nearest Ford dealer with a bay big enough for a motorhome. Pretty simple actually.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #8

Contact Motorhome Assistance Center
Have Questions?
This 24/7 Hotline was designed to serve both motorhome owners and RV Dealers. Contact us anytime - were here to help keep your adventure on the move.

Please call 1-800-444-3311
24/7 Hotline. Any Day. Any Time.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:48 AM   #9

I called the number in ford owners manual, to find a dealer who services ford e-450 chassis. there is a large ford dealer about 1 mile from my house, but the nearest ford dealer that will service e-450's is 90+ miles away. just posting to say someone did answer the phone and helped the best they could.

2018 Forest River 2851SLE "Forester" E-450 Class C , Sumo Springs bump stops Front & Rear, Hellwig Sway Bars Front & Rear, Bilstein HD shocks front & rear, Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer, alignment set to +5 caster. (that's it, out of $$$)
riverforest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, service