Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It never ceases to amaze me how many self-centered inconsiderate people there are out there. I don't remember it being like this when I grew up and I'm young only 53 in a couple weeks.

Bravo to all you guys for doing your part. I suspect policing your camp grounds are not the only socially responsible acts you are guilty of.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
Please don't get off the soap box. We need more RVers to do the same. I always make a point to leave a site, wheather boondock or RV park, cleaner that when I pulled into the site.
It's great to hear from such caring members.
I too try to remember to carry a trash bag with me when going for a walk. I'm reminded whenever I 'forget' with all the trash along the way.
You'd think that with trash everywhere I'd never forget,... but I still do once in a while.
Gatta work on that,... "Walk = latex gloves & trash bag..."
michigancamper
MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #17
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
At an early age both my brother and I learned about campfire/camp site etiquette from our father. Dad grew up in the mountains of NW Montana and had seen a few forest fires.

Later on as a Boy Scout and Scoutmaster learned and taught campfire/camp site etiquette to the scouts. Nothing burns me more than seeing campers trying to burn a 6' long log inch by inch.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #18

Forest fire arsonist don't fear the crime. These are arsonists who don't put out their fires at campsites. Sentences like "stay out of campgrounds for 5 years" or maybe weekend duties for two years if it doesn't rain, doesn't quite get the message across. Do we need stiff sentences like working day and night at big fires with fire crews on mop up, available for fire crews from Mar 1 each year until fire season ends for next 5 years without pay convey something?
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I worked in the woods, in B.C. for years and at the end of it we were plagued by so called environmental groups. They would come and camp out and block access to roads and cause havoc for forest workers. You should see the filth and garbage that was left behind by those so called stewards of our lands. Forestry crews had to come and clean up after them and their ways.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On Lake FDR in NE WA the Tribes and Park Rangers Levey fines for fires during fire bans. A nephew of a neighbor got a ticket for $500.00 for cooking hot dogs on the beach. He was told of the fire bans and chose to ignore. you can't fix stupid.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I worked in the woods, in B.C. for years and at the end of it we were plagued by so called environmental groups. They would come and camp out and block access to roads and cause havoc for forest workers. You should see the filth and garbage that was left behind by those so called stewards of our lands. Forestry crews had to come and clean up after them and their ways.
Say it isn't so !!! They are the pillers of the community, the stewards of the land, the smokers of the devil weed ,the unemployed.
We also have the misguided here in California!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
You know that State and National lands are the party sites of the young, no?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
You know that State and National lands are the party sites of the young, no?
Oh yes, after having cleaned up camp/party sites before we could park to go 4 wheeling. It gets old in a hurry watching the young trash sites, because they think it is cool to just toss their trash. I have even blocked their cars a couple times until they had policed up the area while I sat there an watched them.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One thing that amuses me is the amount of practicly new camping gear that is left at the trash bins Sunday nights. I guess they don't like communing with nature !.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
Oh yes, after having cleaned up camp/party sites before we could park to go 4 wheeling. It gets old in a hurry watching the young trash sites, because they think it is cool to just toss their trash. I have even blocked their cars a couple times until they had policed up the area while I sat there an watched them.
I understand your anger at these idiots, after being in law enforcement for 20+ years, I still get bent at these folks. However, you might rethink this. When you have no legal authority (park ranger, law enforcement, etc.) and you block someone's liberty, you could be charged with False Imprisonment. When someone is made to leave one place and go to another place against their will, you could be charged with Kidnapping, the legal definitions don't see the difference in 10 feet or 100 miles.

Make yourself a great witness by getting descriptions of the occupants of the site, vehicle description and license plate. Report this to the local law enforcement authorities and keep yourself out of legal trouble.

Take care and happy trails.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
When it occurs on state or federal park lands, I vote that the offenders be banned form any state or federal lands. Not just for the offender but everyone in the party that condoned the activity.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
When it occurs on state or federal park lands, I vote that the offenders be banned form any state or federal lands. Not just for the offender but everyone in the party that condoned the activity.
Not really enforceable unless the TSA takes over the parks...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Not really enforceable unless the TSA takes over the parks...
Well that won't work, how long have they had airports and still haven't figured out how to handle that job????

Living in Ohio and working in Alaska, I spend enough time with our friends from TSA already

Tags
service