Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2022, 07:11 PM   #57

Commercial Member

Want prices to drop? Just have demand cut by 50% and we will have pump prices like it was May 2020 again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2022, 07:15 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Hmmm. Might be a conversion error there. Maybe in the gallon size. Americans use a different gallon.

1.39 a litre is 4.14 US dollars per US gallon.

Here is a handy website.

https://usgas.ca/us

https://usgas.ca/us

Yes, you are correct. I wasn't taking the exchange rate into account. Just multiplying the liter by 3.78 to get to a gallon. So my value of $5.50 would have been Canadian dollars for the gallon of fuel, which converted to about $4.30 US on my end.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:38 PM   #59

I always wonder about folks who look at a rise in fuel prices and say they’ll have to sell the coach and leave the RV lifestyle.

You’ve spent tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on your coach, and because a tank of fuel might cost an extra $30 or $40 you’re ready to call it quits? Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.

I can honestly say that the price of fuel has never done that with me. The pleasures of RV travel are far too great to get worked up over an extra $40 (or less) per fill up.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:50 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
We still plan on four to five trips this spring and early summer but will be staying closer to home. Our longest trips are to Gulf Shores for a week in May and another to visit family in South Carolina for a family reunion in June. Our summer/fall trip "out west" to Texas and Colorado is on the back burner for now.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:55 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Driver View Post
I always wonder about folks who look at a rise in fuel prices and say they’ll have to sell the coach and leave the RV lifestyle.

You’ve spent tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on your coach, and because a tank of fuel might cost an extra $30 or $40 you’re ready to call it quits? Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.

I can honestly say that the price of fuel has never done that with me. The pleasures of RV travel are far too great to get worked up over an extra $40 (or less) per fill up.
If it was only an extra $30 or $40, you'd have a very good point. It's a much bigger deal, though, when you talking about about a $150 difference per fill up, even with the relatively small 75 gallon tank in our gas coach.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have 9k miles planned by august. Early 2020 we paid almost $4 a gal for diesel. Traveled near to 7k miles before the pandemic started. The prices then did not slow us down then, it will not slow us down now.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:39 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude1 View Post
diesel has gone up in my area about 33 cents in the last 2 weeks. Even with the open roads card my price would be $4.04. I was paying about $3.50. I'm starting to think that there will be a point when I say enough is enough and park the rig. I hope it does not come to that, but there will come a point when I can't afford to go. Anyone else having this concern and at what price will you park your rig.

Thinking to make improvement to my older diesel === Propane injection to reduce diesel fuel usage ( aka Raise fuel economy).
DP does have propane tank built in , so regulator , some tubing , controller and injector(valve).
It is promised to have 7-9MPG increase in RAM or Duramax and 1-1.5MPG in SEMI's. All because diesel fuel will burn completely ( that what those tuners claim) , plug LPG so far almost half of diesel cost.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:30 PM   #64

Gas prices

I have never seen a uhaul filled with $ behind a hearse. You can't take your $ with you. Enjoy some while you are living.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:39 PM   #65

Foretravel Owners Club
After adding in all the costs of equipment AND the combined costs of Diesel AND Propane....You will find that it costs more ..ie: NO Savings At All at best and lose a bunch at worst.....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
Old 02-14-2022, 12:04 AM   #66

Hmmmm.... fuel is still the cheapest cost of running a vehicle after purchase, maintenance, insurance, tire/battery etc replacement.

Just stay longer of don't go as far.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:28 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
No. But this year our tow vehicle is electric so.... . Of course the RV is an 18 foot teardrop so about half the size of what we had. . Cosy. .
Very honestly what distance can you safely do on one charge on flat road like Florida and in the Rocky mountains?
Old 02-14-2022, 05:09 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
You all know the reason fuel prices have gone out of sight. Until our country becomes energy independent again, be prepared to be forced into parking your motor homes if you are not among the very wealthy! I may get banned for a comment like this but the truth is hard for some to accept.
As others have pointed out, this is incorrect, not how it works. Oil is fungible, a global resource. Knowing that those guvmint scoundrels aren't responsible for what you pay at the pump should make you feel better, right?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:05 AM   #69

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
You all know the reason fuel prices have gone out of sight. Until our country becomes energy independent again, be prepared to be forced into parking your motor homes if you are not among the very wealthy! I may get banned for a comment like this but the truth is hard for some to accept.

Price at the pump is primarily driven by the level of demand as no-one in Washington DC is calling your local gas station each day to dictate the retail price of fuel as some seem to think.

As we come out of the travel restrictions of 2020 & 2021 more people travel so demand is up. Fuel in the US is significantly lower that in most of the world. There are some where $4 to $6 a gal is the norm.

For some reason we in the US feel it is reasonable to use a 6,000# truck to move a 130# woman to the grocery.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:09 AM   #70

Why mess up your lifestyle

Write your congressman and tell them to open the Keystone Pipeline and and some of our reserves. We are again relying on foreign oil. I’m not changing my lifestyle for our idiot government, I wrote my congressman and senator.
Our voice will work if enough people take action.

Please take action now
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel