Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #29

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sometimes it is times like this that spurs some badly needed changes in an industry. As long as there is a demand for a product someone will supply that void at some price.

Vehicles that travel short regular routes and returns to some kind of a terminal/home base every night for service becomes a target for electric conversion. I think it would be interesting if fuel tankers become some of the early adapters of electric semis. It could save the industry a lots on money. Some utility companies have lower rates for customers using power after peak hours for generation load leveling. That becomes a win-win.

I know that the EV industry is not producing electric semis today, but is expected to greatly expand within a few years. Just Google for electric semis forecast and read about it from the business leaders. Never forecast future technology solely on past technology, technology changes way too fast to do that. If you do, you'll be left in the dust.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #30

I don't believe much of what CNN, MSNBC, or most mainstream media outlets promote as news, only propaganda. Is it a coincidence that prices on almost everything have gone up, some significantly, since the beginning of the year?

Covid-19 has become a very convenient tool to use as an excuse to blame all of the ills of the nation on. Prior to Covid, we were enjoying the hottest economy, jobs market, and, record low unemployment this country has seen in more than a half of a generation. And, fuel prices were lower than what they are today, and most certainly what they are forecasting (run, yes the sky is falling!) in the coming "Summer" (of course) months.

I believe there is a heck of a lot more at play than the shortage of tanker truck drivers at play here.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #31

CNN

Your problem is listening to cnn and believing anything they report.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrankesq View Post
Where do you believe we can get "honest" and "accurate" news?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
This report is purely sensationalist garbage click-bait.
CNN and Fox are about equal in the propaganda department. I don't believe much of what either has to say and both are largely responsible for a good portion of the political divide we are experiencing today.

Back on topic, fuel prices will spike this summer due to demand. No news there. It will still be cheaper to take a trip in your RV than to fly, rent a car, stay in hotels and eat every meal out.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Folks, we are planing to hit the road this summer, prices be what they maybe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Folks, we are planing to hit the road this summer, prices be what they maybe.
Yep. Us to. So far prices for diesel have been pretty stable. And we are not going far. Woohoo.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:45 PM   #36

Quote:
I am so tired of statements like this. Did you even try Google to see who else is stating this? Where do you get your news?

There are reports from CNN Business, NBC, ABC, YAHOO, FOX Business, Carscoops, TFLTruck, AGUpdate, The Hill, Business Insider and more.

So.... they're all wrong with the reporting?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...outages-2021-4
Old 04-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #37

Not CNN

https://www.wcia.com/news/truck-driv...er-gas-prices/
Old 04-29-2021, 12:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
With the supplies dwindling here in our own country and relying more on foreign nations for crude oil the prices will be driven up and we'll either pay or go without.
We are already seeing fuel prices rise here. Last year at this time we were paying $1.99 9/10 per gallon for regular gasoline. Today prices are $3.09 9/10 to $3.49 9/10 for the same gas. On top of that NY state is contemplating adding 55 cents per gallon as a carbon emissions tax.
If this doesn't bring tourism to a screeching halt nothing will. We have a lot of marinas nearby who rely on the summer trade along with hotels, motels and rental properties to house those folks coming here to use their boats. It's not hard to see the writing on the wall.
It won't be just gasoline in short supply or terribly expensive. Diesel fuel and home heating fuel are also targeted for the additional tax.
This may be more real than you think.
The USA is a Net Exporter of petroleum. We produce more than we use and sell the difference.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #39

In any given day there are only a few truly newsworthy events.

The trouble is the news outlets need dozens and dozens to satisfy the public's insatiable demand for news.

So the "interns" must get assigned a whole lot of stories to write!
Old 04-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #40

It's probably wise to remember that regardless of ones personal news outlets of choice - especially if you get your news mostly "on line" - is that one is targeted externally (Facebook, Google, other vast tracking stuff) and internally (confirmation bias).

And everyone has an agenda if they've gone to the trouble of publicizing something. They're telling the story they want heard, in the way that is most favorable to whatever drives their own agenda, and is not limited to the "outlet": it includes the persons involved in the story itself - witnesses, experts, members of the public. This is not the exclusive domain of large "media" companies, either, it applies to the person doing YouTube videos in the guest room or a podcast from the patio.

Ask the toughest questions of those with whom you agree...
Old 04-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #41

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I am so tired of statements like this. Did you even try Google to see who else is stating this? Where do you get your news?

There are reports from CNN Business, NBC, ABC, YAHOO, FOX Business, Carscoops, TFLTruck, AGUpdate, The Hill, Business Insider and more.

So.... they're all wrong with the reporting?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...outages-2021-4
This is one better responses so far in this thread. I agree totally that every "news" source puts some kind of slant on their stories. They have to get and keep advertisers to pay for their high salaries and organization costs.

I've been at live news reporting locations and what I saw on the ground and how it was played on the TV later frequently looked like two different events. We all know they are great of clipping a short piece of something someone said out of context and spin it to make it sound like they meant something different.

I prefer to not believe too much what I hear and see on any one news source. Instead I'll scan multiple sources. They all may carry some version of the same story, so it probably really happened and the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle between all of them.

Sometimes it seems to me that news reporting is like some fishing stories. Not mine of course!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
This is one better responses so far in this thread. I agree totally that every "news" source puts some kind of slant on their stories. They have to get and keep advertisers to pay for their high salaries and organization costs.

I've been at live news reporting locations and what I saw on the ground and how it was played on the TV later frequently looked like two different events. We all know they are great of clipping a short piece of something someone said out of context and spin it to make it sound like they meant something different.

I prefer to not believe too much what I hear and see on any one news source. Instead I'll scan multiple sources. They all may carry some version of the same story, so it probably really happened and the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle between all of them.

Sometimes it seems to me that news reporting is like some fishing stories. Not mine of course!
Yep. The nice thing about being multilingual is scanning for the same story in German, English, Spanish and French. You would be surprised how much the facts change. Generally English Language news is the worst although the BBC is fairly reliable.

The only network that is consistently out to lunch is Fox. But that is technically an infotainment source and not a news source.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel