Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2020, 03:24 PM   #1

Full Time YouTubers plead to stop park closures

Herberts Travel is like many full timers. They are stuck at a campground that is evicting them when their reservation runs out. Unless new campers are coming in, I don't see why they wont let full timers stay provided they book for a month. They are looking for support with lobbying officials. I just thought I would share it. Perhaps other Youtubers are putting out similar videos.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2020, 06:04 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree. We are full timers and find that it is an excellent way to keep isolated. Except for a brief stop in the office there needs to be no further interaction. We might sit outside but can insist on the six foot rule. RVers can also get deliveries at the cg. If kicked out may will have to look for less isolated places like parking lots or rest stops and how do we dump tanks and fill water safely? We stay in BLM these days but who knows how long that will last and we still have to come to town to dump.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:12 PM   #3

What is the problem with going to another campground?
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
New reservations/check-ins are not allowed.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
How are they going to get people to stop moving around with this situation occurring everywhere. If there is indeed a million full time rvers with no permanent home, this is a huge problem that needs to be sorted out before the virus starts escalating into much higher numbers. If for example, they move three or four states away, then find out they have the virus, they may have helped it spread considerably.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
New reservations/check-ins are not allowed.

No new reservations are allowed at any RV parks in the country? We have plenty of RV spaces available in the RGV and I'm sure there are parks everywhere that have spaces also. FT'ers live in a mobile RV, they should be able to drive/find a RV park nearby to go to.

Quote" How are they going to get people to stop moving around with this situation occurring everywhere. If there is indeed a million full time rvers with no permanent home, this is a huge problem that needs to be sorted out before the virus starts escalating into much higher numbers. If for example, they move three or four states away, then find out they have the virus, they may have helped it spread considerably."

Answer - I don't think every 1 million RV's has to move and second, if you do move aren't we suppose to self isolate anyway?

This is a example of a problem that only affects/inconvenience's a few RV'ers and is not a major issue.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:54 PM   #7

Foretravel Owners Club
Here in Oregon (salem) We are soon to be faced with the same issues... Thanks to the draconian decisions of the Governor.. all campgrounds both Gov and private are closed, The only ones remaining open are "RV parks/resorts..very spendy and our coach is too old (over 10 years) to qualify for a monthly spot.. Very little forethought when making the one size fits all closure decisions.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #8

Here in Florida, a campground has to evict a camper just like a landlord.

By law they cannot just shut off the hookups so it can be a lengthy process.

Right now evictions are illegal. Tell your friends to just stay put until this is over. When the campground asks them to leave just reply you cannot and ask them to evict-see what happens. Once they catch the drift I would simply pay the monthly rent after they see the light
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
Here in Florida, a campground has to evict a camper just like a landlord.

By law they cannot just shut off the hookups so it can be a lengthy process.

Right now evictions are illegal. Tell your friends to just stay put until this is over. When the campground asks them to leave just reply you cannot and ask them to evict-see what happens. Once they catch the drift I would simply pay the monthly rent after they see the light
That is fine.. IF you are on a monthly... Daily or weekly rental not so much...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #10

No difference here. “Extended stay” hotels in Florida have already been told NO evictions. They are both daily and weekly. Some states might have eviction laws stating otherwise but I would advise to those without options do investigate for themselves. Your local sheriff office should be well versed in eviction law.

Now is not the time to be putting people on the street. I feel it is borderline criminal for a campground to evict a full timer right now.

For all the automatic forum naysayers-take the time to check with your local law enforcement before you post any contradictory and quite possibly inaccurate statements. What I have posted is indeed the law as I know a campground owner personally here in FL. He can ASK you to leave. He cannot FORCE you to leave and he also cannot turn off your hookups.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #11

The campground in FL that I was in, which had all buildings, clubhouse, laundry, bathrooms etc and the pool were locked shut, said I could stay but was raising the rent. I reply that we should be getting a discount since all activities and the pool and laundry room were closed. They said too bad, we are raising our rates. I left and found a small Mom and Pop campground in GA where I will stay for the month of April.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
The campground in FL that I was in, which had all buildings, clubhouse, laundry, bathrooms etc and the pool were locked shut, said I could stay but was raising the rent. I reply that we should be getting a discount since all activities and the pool and laundry room were closed. They said too bad, we are raising our rates. I left and found a small Mom and Pop campground in GA where I will stay for the month of April.
These types of stories are terrible. The park owners should be ashamed of themselves. I put them on the same level as the gougers selling needed supplies they hoarded for 100 times the fair price.

While I am happy you found another place if you had zero options you could have stayed and paid nothing and they would have had to wait until the eviction ban was lifted to start eviction processes.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Here in Oregon (salem) We are soon to be faced with the same issues... Thanks to the draconian decisions of the Governor.. all campgrounds both Gov and private are closed, The only ones remaining open are "RV parks/resorts..very spendy and our coach is too old (over 10 years) to qualify for a monthly spot.. Very little forethought when making the one size fits all closure decisions.
What's the reasoning for leaving the elite resorts open and closing all others? That's absolutely terrible!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 PM   #14

I have to say I don't see the logic in closing campgrounds anyway. Exceptions being if staff were unable to tend the park properly or the government made some sweeping mandate that made no exceptions. (Because they didn't think of them.)
Discouraging people from traveling I can see but not just a full on shutdown. People LIVE in those places. So some people are being told stay home and leave at the same time? Pretty messed up.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time