Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Full Timer RV Loans

Is anyone out there know of a loan company offering 20-year loans on a used MH? I'm attempting to keep monthly payments low and get a decent rate at the same time..Thanks for your suggestions
Hwy Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy Junky View Post
Wanting to upgrade my MH but also keep payments low as possible.
Retired and financing for 20 years? From your Profile it seems you have a 2017 Newmar Ventana 38'. I'd recommend you keep it as it's almost new or look for a less expensive one to fit your budget.

There's a post in the 'General' section asking for help on what to do when you can't RV anymore. He's upside down financially on his much older RV.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #3

20 year loan on a used depreciating asset? Not very likely unless your willing to pay 25% interest
Old 06-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #4

Bank of the West (Essex Credit) offers terms up to 20 years on used RVs up to 10 years old. Their website quotes a rate of 4.79% with a minimum amount financed of $50,000. That appears to be the lowest rate, but there are other rate adjustments that might apply. In the past there have been posts about Bank of the West that indicate you will need to be very, very credit worthy and have strong, verifiable income. Keep in mind that just because you can do something it doesn't mean it's a good decision. Good Luck
kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #5

Yes on Bank of the West. As little as 10% down on great credit
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
i did not know you could finiance, why the hell did i pay cash for everything
Old 06-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
i did not know you could finiance, why the hell did i pay cash for everything
Because you wanted more spendable dollars
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Bank of the West won't take you if you don't own a home, Essex will. Essex is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West. Go figure.

You will also pay a higher rate if you don't own a home. In our case it was less than half a percent but that was a few years ago now.

As for borrowing against a depreciating asset, in our case our IRA investments are generally getting a greater return than the interest charged. I do believe it foolish to let yourself get upside down, however. The combination of your down payment and your monthly payments should always keep you in positive territory. I took a 20 year loan to give me some flexibility but have been making payments that would pay the loan off in half that. My comfort level means keeping my equity to at least a third of average retail.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy Junky View Post
Is anyone out there know of a loan company offering 20-year loans on a used MH? I'm attempting to keep monthly payments low and get a decent rate at the same time..Thanks for your suggestions

If you are refinancing and upside down they will make you pay it down in a down payment.

Tags
full time, full timer