Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Funding for National and Corps Parks?

Are we faced with park closures due to government (and the lack of) spending bills?

Have been at Corps of Engineers and had to leave when there was a government shutdown due to no spending bill approval.

I believe the government is only funded now until December so are we faced with the same problems in January, February March etc?

Last year 'squatters" showed up in Federal parks and it was chaotic for legitimate reservation holders so is our government doing this to us again?

I am lucky in that I have paid for State parks this year so I am not faced with this problem this winter
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #2

The current administration has not played the same games as the last one. During the last shutdown he kept the parks and I'm sure the COE sites open.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #3

Except, now National Park Rangers are being pulled off of there jobs to patrol the border. There was a good article today; that, it’s creating a huge problem for staffing at the National Parks.
tundranurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundranurse1 View Post
Except, now National Park Rangers are being pulled off of there jobs to patrol the border. There was a good article today; that, it’s creating a huge problem for staffing at the National Parks.
Kind of a hijack of thread. This has nothing to do with parks closing due to funding.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I will definitely not be surprised if parks close. They should have closed last time since without closure the resources got trampled badly in some areas. There was sanitation problems too. We are planning on spending time in Quartzsite beginning in January. We will see if it is a repeat of last year’s fiasco.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
Kind of a hijack of thread. This has nothing to do with parks closing due to funding.
The article I saw about moving rangers to BP duty, also stated that funding for National Parks has been cut drastically in the proposed budget. Many NP's are short staffed already and I believe that many COE's have volunteer only staff.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #7

I don't believe i have ever seen any government agency short staffed, mismanaged yes but never short of staff.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
I don't believe i have ever seen any government agency short staffed, mismanaged yes but never short of staff.
Exactly!
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #9

Quote:
x3. Agreed

Enjoy the journey
Old 11-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
x3. Agreed

Enjoy the journey
X4 ALSO AGREE our gov. is BROKEN if they don't stop the infighting and start working together and let the commander in chief do his job its only going to get worse, much worse. just think how great this country COULD be for us if they all worked together.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Having volunteered in national parks we certainly have seen them short staffed; not mismanaged because they don't receive enough money to keep them up as people seem they should.

Volunteers do a lot of jobs in the parks and without them the parks would be in worse shape than they are now.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #12

The park may have been short staffed but the agency wasn't. It goes right back to mis management.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #13

Keep in mind budgeting for staff, and budgeting for infrastructure often comes out of separate dedicated funds.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
The article I saw about moving rangers to BP duty, also stated that funding for National Parks has been cut drastically in the proposed budget. Many NP's are short staffed already and I believe that many COE's have volunteer only staff.

I just saw an article that said $12,000,000,000 in funding was stalled in the House. Seems they are wasting their time and our money on some foolishness.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national