Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
FYI For PA MH Owners

I went online to the PA DOT to renew my motor home registration as I have done ever since the state has offered online services. A new step has appeared in the motor home registration. It asks the following:

Quote:
Certification of Inspection
Registrants of a motor carrier vehicle are required to self-certify that the vehicle has a currently valid safety inspection at the time of this renewal.
Failure to have a currently valid safety inspection could result in suspension of registration for three months.
I certify that this vehicle is a motor carrier vehicle and that it has a currently valid certificate of safety inspection.

Yes No
I discovered through phone calls to the DOT and state inspection office the website has classified any vehicle 17,000+lbs a motor carrier. No one at these offices seemed to know how or care to correct this. A lady at the DMV told me the website can't be corrected. I plan to follow up on that. Just be aware if you say your vehicle is not a motor carrier or if your inspection has expired you can not process your registration online. I am doing paper snail mail this time and hoping they correct it until next year.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #2

so if this occurs, you put on your shoes and coat, get off your butt and you go to the license office as you have done for decades...and its all just fine...right?
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You can still do the paper form they send which may be mailed or taken to the DMV office. It's just the online registration that has the motor carrier question. Hopefully they will fix it soon but until they do motorhome registration renewal can't be done online unless you want to lie about it. Motor carrier inspection must be done twice a year so I wouldn't want to take a chance of having the website reclassify me and then try to make me do inspections twice a year.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote