Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with gresults,
We bought a cheapie gas grill from walmart for $35.00
Works great and even has a piezo ignition. I made an inside liner out of aluminum baking pans so I can replace it when the bottom gets too cruddy

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I BOUGHT THIS ONE 2 YEARS AGO AND LOVE IT. GREAT QUALITY!

Amazon.com: Coleman RoadTrip Grill - Blue/ Black: Sports & Outdoors
I have the same grill and am quite happy with it!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Will the Baby Q hook up directly to your main tank in a motorhome with an extend-a-stay?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I have tried several over the years. I love my O-Grill, best investment I ever made.

Easy to store, easy to clean, and a drip tray that really works.
Attached Images

Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Barlow46
Yes, my Baby Q does hook up to the main tank.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
The really nice thing about the Weber "Q"s is you can get aluminum drip pan inserts that come in packs of 10. Home Depot has them and I suppose anyone that sells the Q will carry them. Very convenient and seeing how I'm so lazy and cheap, I line the inserts with aluminum foil. I can just slide the metal drip pan, with the insert, out and toss the foil...no muss, no fuss.

The heavy grate is very easily cleaned with a grill brush. Also, if I'm cooking something greasy, I just lift off the grate and do a quick wipe down with some paper towels on the inside surfaces after I've brushed down the grate.

I have a Ducane gas grill I've had for over 20 years at home and it is still in VG shape...if anything happens to it, I'll buy another 'Q', probably the larger one for home use. I wish all products were built this well... Bob

BTW, I don't use the optional fold up stand, the grill will NOT burn the top surface of the picnic table...even on it's highest setting. We sit the grill on top of the table cloth (plastic coated) and although some CGs do not allow this, once they see the plastic under the grill, they've never had a problem with it. We also use a 20 lb. LP tank with an adaptive hose (also from HD).

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #21

Here's another satisfied user of the Baby Q, going on 4 years. I use the folding stand and added the two folding wing shelves on the side. Last year I realized I can store the stand on a sort of shelf over the coach's propane tank ... talk about being happy finding some new storage space! I also use a 5lb external propane tank. It lasts quite a while and is easy to store.

One of the best features of this unit is it makes the best grill marks I've experienced with any grill I've owned, ever!!! Definitely worth the price of admission ... !

Wayne
Old 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
used the Coleman for almost 4 years now, the one with the wheels, love it but never used any water in it. not so bad on cleaning, I have had worse!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #23

The "O" grill! I have one and it works great!!
Funkmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I BOUGHT THIS ONE 2 YEARS AGO AND LOVE IT. GREAT QUALITY!

Amazon.com: Coleman RoadTrip Grill - Blue/ Black: Sports & Outdoors

I have had this one since 2006. If you line the drip tray with aluminum foil it is much easier to clean than filling it with water.

However, this is truly a grill or a camp stove depending on your choice of grill inserts. Make pancakes, eggs, soup or a grilled burger.

The lid does not provide much dome space for covered cooking.

Since we prefer the covered slow cooking process for chicken, pork, turkey, beef roasts etc, we also carry a Weber charcoal grill for those events.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Have had our Baby Q for approx 6 years and it is great. Never a flare up when I use it, easy to clean and an even flame. If it ever "dies" I will replace it with another Q. Tried the cheap route, but found that they flare after a while, even when clean and have uneven heat at best.

I can even do decent baby back ribs on this grill.

Go Weber.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #26

After using the cheapie versions for many years (never actually getting more than 2 seasons from one) we bought the Weber Q-200 (it's the 220 without the thermometer) and couldn't be happier.

Bought the adapter and run it off a standard grill tank.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had a the Webber Baby Q for 4 years. I bought the 5lb propane cylinder and refill the tank about every other season. The cast iron grill is great for steaks and chicken.You just need to preheat the grill for 5-8 minutes prior to placing the stuff on the grill. For veggies I use a basket and have used some cedar planking for fish. We also order some prepared items from these people Online Grocery Store & Food Delivery Service and all we have to do is warm them up on the grill (doesnt heat the coach up in the hot summer).

Evanne Schmarder at Evanne@RVCookingShow.com uses a Webber Q when she grills and has a lot of recipies for the grill.

I use a wire brush to clean the grill after each use and in the spring I dismantle the grill to clean the burners and also take the body of the grill to the car wash, using the pressure wash wand, for a through cleaning before the grilling season starts.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
I got this one from Blue Rhino - what I liked about this one is that it has clasps that keep the top and bottom tightly closed when stored.

Blue Rhino - GBT10039L

Scott

scotthambergart.com
scottandjean is offline   Reply With Quote