Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #57

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've been looking for the right grill to take with us camping for a few years now and after reading in this forum about the O grill we checked it out at our local Camping World open house. I liked what I saw, it looks to me like the cooking surface is made of the same stuff as the Weber Q, but the O has a better drip tray arrangement and the lid latches shut with a built in gizmo that keeps the cooking surface from moving around while the lid is shut. And it stores on it's side which means it'll take up less space. I also purchased an LP gas line adaptor that will let me use the gas from our motorhome tank with the grill so no need to bring an LP tank along or purchase disposable LP tanks. I think we're going to be happy with the new arrangement.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #58

We got one of these:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ro-grill/52425
I really like it, plenty of room, relatively compact, very sturdy.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #59

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
We've been looking for the right grill to take with us camping for a few years now and after reading in this forum about the O grill we checked it out at our local Camping World open house. I liked what I saw, it looks to me like the cooking surface is made of the same stuff as the Weber Q, but the O has a better drip tray arrangement and the lid latches shut with a built in gizmo that keeps the cooking surface from moving around while the lid is shut. And it stores on it's side which means it'll take up less space. I also purchased an LP gas line adaptor that will let me use the gas from our motorhome tank with the grill so no need to bring an LP tank along or purchase disposable LP tanks. I think we're going to be happy with the new arrangement.
I just looked at the O on Amazon. That's a nice grill. I bought the Q200 not too long ago, and I'm happy with it but yours does look a little more portable. I did buy the stand that folds with the Q and has a handle so it can be pulled like a wagon so I'll use it where the gas line from my trailer is when I camp and on my patio when I'm home. I might have been swayed to buy the O had I seen it before the Q. Please let us know whether it grills well. I use the disposable tin foil pans for drips, but I like the idea that the O stores on its side and locks. Enjoy your meals!!
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Have I replied to this before?

We had (still have) a coleman roadtrip. IMHO, this is not a BBQ, it is an outdoor stove. A very nice one, too. Works real good with pans. Don't lay any meat on it though, fire's too close to the grates, it will turn meat to charcoal in seconds!

Bought a weber Q200 when we got the new coach. Thisa is one good BBQ. The folding stand sucks tho, the coleman was a lot more convenient. Still, the weber is a real BBQ. We did baby back ribs on it tonight. Yum Yum.

What's an "O" grille?
You mean there is something better?
NM, just bought this one, it stays till it's wore out.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #61

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Have I replied to this before?

We had (still have) a coleman roadtrip. IMHO, this is not a BBQ, it is an outdoor stove. A very nice one, too. Works real good with pans. Don't lay any meat on it though, fire's too close to the grates, it will turn meat to charcoal in seconds!

Bought a weber Q200 when we got the new coach. Thisa is one good BBQ. The folding stand sucks tho, the coleman was a lot more convenient. Still, the weber is a real BBQ. We did baby back ribs on it tonight. Yum Yum.

What's an "O" grille?
You mean there is something better?
NM, just bought this one, it stays till it's wore out.
Why does the folding stand suck?
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #62

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sams Grille

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
FYI...

That grill has been relabeled for sale under many different names. I had one and also bought it for that price. The heat was not very consistent and ultimately seemed to cook too hot even though I would turn down the heat.

It was only 3 months old and I gave it away and bought a Weber Q...no regrets.
Thanks RedRocket for the info I will look else where!!
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #63

We have the Coleman Road Trip Amazon.com: Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE
Have used it for two years now. Turned out to be a great little cooker.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Have had a Q for about 5 years, love how it cooks but have had to replace 3 regulators, not sure why.
I have a 20 lbs tank for it.
bthomforde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
When I bought my 98 Safari Serengeti 3 years ago it came with a WeberQ grill that hooked to hose from the RV propane tank. I've always complained about the low flame on the WeberQ - on max it's a little over 1/4 inch. Just recently I had an "aha" moment when I saw mentioned on another board that connecting in such a way usually didn't work very well due to having two regulators in series - one on the tank and one on the grill. So.... bought the necessary fittings to eliminate the grill regulator, connected it up, and it was WORSE! I'm going to put the regulator back on the grill, then try using it with one of the small disposable tanks that is was designed for - I've never used it that way and need to see how high the flame will go. Can't do it right now - the coach is in for service.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #66

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You should have it hooked up so only 1 regulator is controlling the gas. The way I've done it and virtually everyone else that I've seen that uses their RV LP gas for their grill is to add a T adaptor to the RV gas line that is hooked up between the RV gas tank valve and the RV gas regulator and then a removeable gas line that goes from the adaptor to the grill. That way the RV regulator takes care of the gas for your RV and the grill regulator takes care of the gas for your grill. My setup works great, I use a different grill than you but that won't make any difference.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboPals View Post
Why does the folding stand suck?
Mostly because I was spoiled by the folding legs on the roadtrip.

With the Q, the grille, and the table are 2 separate items. They store separately in the basement. You can't collapse the table with the grille on it and pull it around like you can with the coleman.

I've actually been tempted to get out the cutoff wheel and mig welder, and saw the folding legs off the roadtrip and figure out a way to put them on the Q200.

But on our last trip, we did miss the roadtrip grille.
Will probably start taking both.

Then we'll need a full pressure Tee fitting, and I haven't seen one yet.... we use an extend a flow to tie the BBQ into the rigs propane tank (before the rigs regulator) and I've yet to see a Tee ftting with that type of thread.

And yes. The Q200 needs a bigger fire. Anyone know how to get one?
Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
I have taken notice of the "short flame" on the Weber Q, but I believe the theory of the Q is to let the cast iron grill grate do the cooking. I preheat for up to 10 minutes and then put the items on the grill to cook. The food comes out great with some nice grill marks on it. I have even done some precooked fish from the Schawns menue using the Q as a mini oven (checking the fish ocasionally with a meat thermometer). The Q has a BTU rating well below the Road trip and it is (I do believe) because the cast iron grill grating does the cooking. Im just sayin......................
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #69

Workhorse Chassis Owner
JimM68, the Tee fitting you are looking for is made by Marshall Brass and is their item G415 Tee Adaptor. It's also available from Mr Heater as part number F273751. You can find it on Mr Heater's web page. I got mine from my local LP gas supplier. It's a Tee fitting with both a male P.O.L. and female P.O.L. and then the threaded end that connects through hose to your grill. The male P.O.L. is the same fitting you have going into the valve of your LP tank now. You just unscrew the fitting that is currently there now (remember it's reverse threaded so you turn it to the right to unscrew it which is opposite of most anything else and turn it to the left to tighten it up when reassembling) insert the new fitting, then screw the old fitting that was there back into the new fitting. You're good to go then. The Tee works great and when your grill hose is not connected to it, it will not let gas flow out but gas will still be supplied to your RV. Another place to check for the fitting is anyplace that sells Mr Heater products such as Farm and Fleet or hunting supply stores. If they don't stock it they may be able to order it for you. I had my local LP gas supplier order it for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Steve! I have the extend a flow 415 all ready, it attaches to the main propane tank on my rig and I've routed it across to the curb side.

Looking closely here Camping Equipment - Quick Disconnect Couplings,Camping Appliance Tees, Extend-A-stay it looks like I need a G415, plus an additional hose.

But is the gender right?
Too early in the morning.... brain won't do it yet.