Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2006, 03:51 AM   #29
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ran across this on another forum. It answers a lot of questions and misconceptions.

Read this but be prepared to get little sleep tonight.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2006, 04:55 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
Read this but be prepared to get little sleep tonight.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is certainly an eye-opener for some of us.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #31

we were planning a trip to Colorado but the wedding was postponed. so we get to take more trips close to home and camp as we please (monthly)instead. the price of fuel would not have been an issue as a trip such as was planned would only occur once every few years and i refuse to give up my only vice because some weird beards are trying to make me do so. terry
Old 05-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #32
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I agree, we a still planning on the trip to the rally in TN, the up to Chicago before returning to AZ. We will just have to cut down on eating out and those other extra things and enjoy the camping .
Old 05-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #33

Gas prices---Fuel Prices----Oil Prices---Democrats-----Republicans-----Now look---haven't we about had enough?? Democrats or Republicans all are in the same kettle of fish---and my wife and I have promised ourselves---WE WILL VOTE (as we usually do) BUT&gt;&gt;&gt;This Year We Will RE-Elect NOBODY. Those people in Washington and at the State have forgotten that they were elected to serve the people not to serve the oil companys. We know the oil lobby is super-strong at state and federal levels and they buy elections every time they come around---remember RE-Elect NOBODY ------ I don't care if he or she (in your mind) is the best thing since sliced bread----they must GO. It is the penalty for forgetting the people.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PJRACER:
...It is the penalty for forgetting the people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would certainly appear that they have forgotten why they were sent to Washington. They have allowed us to fall victim to BIG corporations and their lobbying money.

I know, but while they were letting BIG Oil get into our pockets they let BIG Pharmeceuticals run off with our trousers. Here in the USA, over the past five years, Pharmeceuticals have returned a 16% annual profit while the Oil and Natural Gas industry has returned 6%.

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #35

I'm not curtailing my plans. But, I drive a mh that gets 10+mpg & is far smaller than that which many of you drive. I wanted one even smaller, but the ex had to have this big ole thing! If anything, fuel prices will help me stay put longer. I get restless wheels & love to drive. I've been trying to make myself stay in one spot longer & this will help me w/ that.
Each of you can afford to travel, but you might not be able to do it in the size rigs you now have. You don't really need all that space? This is camping! I know... you have kids... I did a country wide tour in an 18' w/ 3 kids.... you can do it!