Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #71

Commercial Member

I do wonder if people like having tire failures or parts jar lose on their RV because of bad roads. I have seen a tire industry study that related tire belt separations hitting "pot holes". Bent wheels also come from potholes.
Exactly how do you get road improvements or bridge repairs without money?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I do wonder if people like having tire failures or parts jar lose on their RV because of bad roads. I have seen a tire industry study that related tire belt separations hitting "pot holes". Bent wheels also come from potholes.
Exactly how do you get road improvements or bridge repairs without money?
We don’t. And apparently we don’t get them with money either. Elected officials have an impeccable record of failing to deliver on their promises. Pick a topic, education, poverty, drugs, homelessness, road repairs, you name it.

Perhaps we need to try a different approach. Fix the roads and then send us a bill. At least that way they’ll get fixed before we send in any more money.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
Look on the bright side, it’s not California. They raised the gas tax 20 cents and diesel 32 cents about a year and a half ago. I’ve also seen the price of diesel vary by more than a dollar a gallon at 2 same brand stations that are less than a half mile apart. Shop wisely.
We are forced to dig deep in our pockets to live the dream in California.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #74

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Passed just today. Gas going up 10.5 cents / diesel 19 cents. Great, just in time for RV-ing season. And just when we've decided to look for a diesel coach.

TODAY gas went up 20 cents. (In Ohio)
AND the news paper said the budget the gov signed said the total fuel tax increase will be 38.5 /gas. 47 cents more for diesel.

Wonder when the other part kicks in?
Old 04-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #75

Ohio gas and diesel tax

Why are you afraid of any political posts?We have something called the 1st Amendment. I am a native Californian and we have the highest fuel taxes in the country- just because our state cannot manage our budget. Are you willing to pay a higher fuel tax for no front license plate? We need to vote our encumbents out of office.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #76
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Per our Community Rules:

Quote:
About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not imply that others have to publish your speech. iRV2.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Now....back to the subject.

I hope OH does use the ALL extra money to fix our roads. No matter what interstate you are on in the buckeye state, the conditions are horrible. We had the DS MCD shade come down on Dave's shoulder after being on I-71 south between Cbus & Cinci. We check those screws every spring & still, they pulled out of the wood from the percussion of the pot holes or the bad patch jobs on the pot holes.

Lori-
Old 04-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #77

I hope I win the lottery, but that’s just an emotion not a strategy.

Perhaps someone can enlighten us. Aren’t the interstates maintained through the Highway Trust Fund with revenue from federal fuel taxes of 18.4 cents on gas and 24.4 cents on diesel? Those haven’t increased in more than 20 years.

Aren’t state roads maintained with revenue from state fuel taxes? Certainly it’s more complicated than that so as to keep anyone from being able to monitor the situation.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:08 AM   #78

Quote:
We don’t. And apparently we don’t get them with money either. Elected officials have an impeccable record of failing to deliver on their promises. Pick a topic, education, poverty, drugs, homelessness, road repairs, you name it.
Well there is a reason for that; For a large majority of people, the only thought they give to who is represent is witch about political ads replacing the drug company ads. Once somebody gets elected, they know that the voters are not watching what they do, but the people that pay for the ads do watch. Look at the censers numbers, compared to the number of registered voters. Last election here, less than 20% of the registered voters turned out to vote. Of course, if you are not willing to look at what who is office has done, educate yourself, maybe it is better you don't vote.

Just for ships and grins, next time you hear some guys talking baseball ask them if they know who represents them in the state legislature
Democracy is not a spectator sport.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Well there is a reason for that; For a large majority of people, the only thought they give to who is represent is witch about political ads replacing the drug company ads. Once somebody gets elected, they know that the voters are not watching what they do, but the people that pay for the ads do watch. Look at the censers numbers, compared to the number of registered voters. Last election here, less than 20% of the registered voters turned out to vote. Of course, if you are not willing to look at what who is office has done, educate yourself, maybe it is better you don't vote.

Just for ships and grins, next time you hear some guys talking baseball ask them if they know who represents them in the state legislature
Democracy is not a spectator sport.
We could vote for a name in the phone book and it wouldn’t change a thing.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #80

Quote:
We could vote for a name in the phone book and it wouldn’t change a thing.

This might be the issue. Americans once believed in democracy. Now we just believe we have a right to bomb the world in the name of "democracy"
Old 04-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #81
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Angry

Well, enough of you have chosen to ignore several warnings to follow the rules. Because of those posts, this thread is now closed. I was only making an observation & some chose to derail this thread. Too bad.

Lori-
Closed Thread

Tags
gas