Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Generator help

Never been on a forum before, so when i hit submit I don't know where this is gonna go, hopefully to the right place.
I would like to hear from anyone that has a Champion 3400 or 3100 Watt Dual Fuel Generator. Running on propane will they both start and run a 13,500BTu A/C. Will they run a micro wave smoothly if A/C is off. and lastly I really want feed back from people who have Champions and like them or have them and not like them.
Thanks for the help hopefully this gets out to somewhere people can read it.
ClintEastwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #2

I have the 3500 watt dual fuel invertor (camping world) and have run it on both gasoline and propane. I've not had a problem with either the micro or the 13.5 ac, in fact I bought it for that purpose, running the AC in 90 plus deg temps. runs just above idle for those, can't hear it at all in the travel trailer

It is as quiet as my 2200 watt ryobi invertor
rbTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:10 AM   #3

Clint Eastwood from Montana,

Welcome to iRV2! Please feel free to add your rig to your profile and maybe to your signature line.

Electrically speaking, the Champion should run both your A/C, and your Micro at the same time. It is likely it will also charge your batteries at the same time.

You may have to run your water heater and refrigerator on propane. Sometimes it will carry the load and sometimes it won't. They turn "on" and "off" automatically.

30 amp shore power is 30 amps X 120 volts = 3600 watts.
3100 amp Champion is almost as much. The Champion will have some surge capability for when the A/C starts. Check the user's manual for how much.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

As others have stated, there should not be a problem running the A/C unit or the microwave, if the genny is running properly.

I would suggest that you create a signature showing the make and model of your RV. It will help folks to answer questions you may have in the future. Look at post #30 in the link below that tells you how to do that.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...ml#post3101035

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator