Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They are both nice. Personally I would prefer the Voyage, but I could live with the other one as well. If I had my druthers, I'd change the red to a blue, but again thats just me. Personal choice. Its the reason they make more than one color.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
No way would I spend big bucks on something that was not exactly what I wanted. If the colors are yucky they will always be yucky. I’d wait. Plus as mentioned you are going to want to take a shakedown trip to iron out the bugs.

There isn't a pleasure trip that can't be postponed for a few weeks to get exactly what you want, especially when the travel mode is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

There isn't a pleasure trip that can't be postponed for a few weeks to get exactly what you want, especially when the travel mode is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I understand where everyone is coming from. While the trip cannot be postponed, we do have the ability to decide HOW we get there... It is my Christmas break from work - over 10 days of vacation time I don't have to use leave. That is when we travel to Florida to visit our daughter for Christmas.

If the rig doesn't work out in time we still have our truck/trailer and we can take that ((I know, I know... everyone is going to jump on that and say WHAT? you have another means of transportation... by all means, use that and WAIT)). I am considering that AND trying to weigh in everything that can go wrong with a new rig (slides, jacks, engine, AC, heater, water pipes, etc, etc).

That said - I've done tons of vehicle maintenance in the past to include changing transmissions, water pumps, alternators, joints, brakes, etc on everything from a 2 door coupe to a Chevy Astrovan.

I was an Avionics Technician in the Air Force for 12 years repairing F-16 Aircraft. I rewired avionics upgrading video systems on those jets. Then, I switched to Air Cargo where I worked with forklifts, air cargo loaders and various other large pieces of equipment.

We also have roadside assistance if anything goes wrong.

If we do decide to get the rig and go I'll be sure and post the results here so everyone can grab their popcorn.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #46

With what is coming with the economy and All the company layoffs there is No Way I would be buying a NEW coach at this time. Look it up company layoffs coming online. There will be the Naysayers and Oh the sky is falling, but its been 11 years and its overdue, accumulate No More Debt

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #47

It doesn't matter what any of us think: we're not writing the check.
I remember an old saying: "Act in haste, and regret at you leisure."
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #48

I prefer voyage
lauried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
I think you are saying you like the "Voyage" paint scheme (has the maroon/red color)?

The one with the pinkish orange coral color in it is called "Champagne"
My mistake. I left my short term memory in Key West. I think.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #50

Make sure you get a newer 2019 with the single outside step and the new coach battery placement
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #51

We recently purchased a new Pace Arrow and thought we were getting a Champagne color scheme, but ended up with the Voyage. After seeing it we decided we actually liked the Voyage color scheme more. We get positive complements on it all the time and are pleased that we ended up with it. Hope this helps.
vgolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #52

Have the dealer rent you the ugly one for your trip, and then buy the one you want, that will make you happy. And I agree you need a couple of short shake down trips before you commit vacation days that could be wasted on waiting for repairs to be done on a new rig. Just my input.
Donwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #53

Don't settle! I'll preface this by saying that my wife is an interior designer so colors matter to her a lot. We had been looking for a particular floor plan and our local dealer got in the coach in our floor plan but not even our first two color choices. She was OK with it at the time but it has bugged the crap out of her every since. We tried to trade within 6 months of purchase but couldn't make a deal without losing our tails. A year later I have come to the realization that I made a very expensive mistake. It's going to cost me a lot of money to make her happy.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #54

WF CENTRAL,, hop a plane, rent a car ,visit the kids . Subtract the cost of the plane from the RV expense to get there ,,,and what's the diff. Big woop,,,wait for your color choice.

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Buy used even if you can afford new

As a lot have stated, buy a used coach. That way someone else has already went thru a lot of the issues with the stuff that doesn’t work. It sounds like you can fix a lot of stuff! That’s important with owning an RV, otherwise you may be paying a lot of tow bills. I’m sure you can get a nicer used motorhome for what you will spend on the new one. But in the end, it’s your decision. Good luck
Old 12-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Only buy what you like, period. Just a note,Light colors don't show dirt but get the color you like. We will not buy any auto/MH unless we love the color and interior;you must enjoy it every time you look at it and get into it. Get only what YOU like, not the dealer. Good luck.
willbush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint