Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #29

Hi Mooky Mouse,
We just left a campground (The Great Outdoors) in FL and I saw several 5th wheels with some things that looked like they were made out of white lattice that sat in front of the hookups...they looked to be about 5-6 feet wide and about the same tall...and had about a foot high step in the front that they people there had potted plants sitting on...then they stored their lawn chairs and bicycles under the hookup and behind the lattice thing. We thought it looked really nice. Don't know if they can be purchased...could be because we saw several that looked alike. But if your husband is handy, they look like they'd be really easy to make...also looked like they could be folded for easier transport. Good luck! Hope this helps!
Windmillrun (Linda)
windmillrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome windmillrun to irv2
Thanks for your first post.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #31

[Hey Mooky,

I don't have my rig yet

However when I do I plan on doing a complete makeover!

I have NO problem whatsoever with painting the interior and that includes the cabinets, if I want. I plan on installing new hardware and I want a cork floor.
I will recover couch and dinette,seats and make curtains!

I also intend to have a plant or two and hang some pictures (somehow) even if I have to take them down when traveling. One lady said she takes a small hummingbirder feeder and I love that idea

Really I think the sky's the limit!
After all its your home on wheels, why not decorate and personalize it like a stick home?!

Happy re-deocrating!

I wish I could see your picture but all I see is a little red x too, sorry!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Mooky Mouse:
Thanks for your nice replies everyone! I too thought that some of the comments sent were harsh, but luckily I didn't post a smart alec comment. Hehe!

I have received numerous comments and compliments on the "hitch flowers" and several folks came over and examined it closely. They plan on attempting something of a similar fashion to help conceal their 5er hitches. And go figure, no one thought they looked like funeral flowers (still cracking up about that one).

If anyone out there has some creative, funky decor, I'd love to see it.

Best wishes all and happy trails!!![/QUOTE]
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I wish I could see the picture of your floral arrangement! Can you re-post it or ask admin to fix the link?

I think it's fun to personalize the Coach... although we have very little wall space as well, I did have a lovely map print of Napa Valley Wineries from when we visited there last October. I found the perfect frame (wood matches our woodwork), and I was able to hang it in a space on the wall of the slideout next to the sofa. We also stick with the "wine" theme with our dishes (grape vine design).

Brenda
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #33
jmo

Good input on revisiting this thread. This forum goes quite awhile without posts...too bad. Seems like there would be a lot of "Women's Perspective" out there.

Maybe sour comments like those early on this topic cause members to avoid sharing.

Anyway, in response to original post from Mookie. I see folks using vinyl lattice sheets both sideways and upright positioned to hide stuff by hitch on TT's and 5ers. We are going to add a larger propane tank to a TT we have on annual site. Stand it upright next to nice large pine tree on one side and cover tank with piece of lattice fitting snug to side of TT. Tall enough to hide whole ugly tank.

I see lots of personal touches done to soften look.

jmo

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 AM   #34

Kate:

Funny you should mention that about sour comments. I've met a few very nice people on these boards, and people are generally nicer here than on RV.net, but you're right. I personally lurk because i'm afraid of getting trounced on by those with very little couth. I won't even post on that other RV forum anymore because a lot of the people are so cliquish and rude.

And honestly, i like being able to decorate up the TT a bit, and our site. Makes it more homey and nicer to come back to after we're done exploring. i love to drive around and see what others have done, and i've met some nice people by just commenting on their 'temporary' decor at overnight sites.

those who go that extra mile are usually the more friendly folks anyway...at least that's what i find.

'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
camposborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #35
jmo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and i've met some nice people by just commenting on their 'temporary' decor at overnight sites.

those who go that extra mile are usually the more friendly folks anyway...at least that's what i find.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you, kiddo

We have MH we travel in when we can and get a big kick out of folks in campgrounds personal touches. Ed is big on lights at Christmas, has Flamingo lights for anytime of year. I know many think tacky but he loves it and I love his loving it. One of the best things about RVing to me are the people you meet and sights (including sites you see. We did hotels for business and pleasure for years...this is the life.

jmo

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #36

see, now flamingo lights show the person is not only nice (and wants interactions) but has a great funny bone too! you are the kind of people we need more of!

'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
camposborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
So I say we should be the "nice" group that encourages participation and sharing of info! Hooray for nice girls!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jmo:
...We are going to add a larger propane tank to a TT we have on annual site. Stand it upright next to nice large pine tree on one side and cover tank with piece of lattice fitting snug to side of TT. Tall enough to hide whole ugly tank... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Instead of the lattice, how about painting a mural on the tank?? Then it'll be "purty".

As for the multitude of decorating ideas.... Yuk! That's awful! Why would you do THAT! That's just sooo tacky! Ick!

Okay, you guys survived that didn't you? You don't know me and my "opinion" probably didn't faze you a bit. Now, go forth, decorate and express yourself!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
LOL, Lorna!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jmo:
Good input on revisiting this thread. This forum goes quite awhile without posts...too bad. Seems like there would be a lot of "Women's Perspective" out there.

Maybe sour comments like those early on this topic cause members to avoid sharing.

Anyway, in response to original post from Mookie. I see folks using vinyl lattice sheets both sideways and upright positioned to hide stuff by hitch on TT's and 5ers. We are going to add a larger propane tank to a TT we have on annual site. Stand it upright next to nice large pine tree on one side and cover tank with piece of lattice fitting snug to side of TT. Tall enough to hide whole ugly tank.

I see lots of personal touches done to soften look.

jmo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Old topic but just in case anyone has the same question: I got a piece of lattice and had it cut to form a triangle around the hitch of my 5th wheel . . . they put hinges on it and it folded flat in storage underneath until I took it out. I stood it up around the hitch and used a bungie cord to hold it together. Then I hung my name plate on it. It made it look more "homey".