Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #43

Easy to clean up or don and drop gloves with you RV plus outdoor sink. Bigger pain to fill and dump honey wagon in and out of vehicle. Then I glove up twice. One time I dropped the plug/cap for tank hose while tank good and full. Had to do new yoga pose and go-go gadget foot to retrieve it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2022, 05:16 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 View Post
No gloves……..and sometimes wearing flip flops.
Keep a bottle of sanitizer in the wet bay to use when done.
I'm in the no way I'd wear flip flops club. Not at the dump station, not on the beach, not at home. Can't stand the feel of that little rubber post between my big and 2nd toe.

But, I do wear sandals, almost all the time. Needless to say, there are times when I have to tip toe around the spillage others leave behind at a dump station.
Old 09-11-2022, 05:21 PM   #45

Several years ago while in line for a dump station, the guy dumping his tanks finished, stored everything, wiped his hands on his Tee shirt, got in the pickup cab and drove away
I not nearly that "brave???
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:44 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post

The evolution of disgust at smell and sight goes back millions of years and predates the human species.

Ever visit the primates at a zoo?

I wonder how many glove wearers take off their shoes BEFORE getting in their vehicle after dumping (or any other time). At least washing bare hands isn’t tracking everything inside each time.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:29 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
If I were to dump your sewer, I’d use gloves. When I dump my sewer, no gloves.
You dump for people? I need your cell phone!. I'll provide the gloves!!
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:32 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
Ever visit the primates at a zoo?

I wonder how many glove wearers take off their shoes BEFORE getting in their vehicle after dumping (or any other time). At least washing bare hands isn’t tracking everything inside each time.
By "Primates at the Zoo" are you referring to any particular type of campground?

I have been known to take a Clorox Wipe or 4 and throw them on the ground to wipe my shoes before getting back in the rig.
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:40 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
I need your genes. Are they for sale?
I'm still using them, but send me the pertinent details, and I'll will them to you.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No gloves.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
How many wear disposable shoes when dumping?
I’m not grossed out by using bare hands and immediately washing when I’m done. In the long run, that has seemed more sanitary than finding a way to dispose of used gloves - even if turned inside out. I’d rather wash my hands than have used gloves in my trash.

But shoes on the other hand - that grosses me out at the dump station! I try not to think about what I’m standing in when dumping, as the area is always wet.

I have been more concerned about my shoes than my hands and have taken to leaving an old pair with my sewer gear and spraying them with disinfectant when done. But I’ve wondered about the folks who wear gloves when they dump then get into their vehicles with shoes that have been standing in who knows what?
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:10 PM   #52

The last 25 years before retiring I worked in Jails, Hospitals, and locked wards. In that time I learned to put gloves on, and wear splash protection. [ at least on your face.] Those kind of people have every imaginable disease known to man.
I can't imagine a sewer dump being any cleaner.
All those before you [ wearing gloves or not] touched the water valve, water hose, etc...
Put Me Firmly in the Gloves On List! And sanitize after!
Part of my work duties were to take samples of drinking water sources, The procedure to sanitize the faucet before taking the sample was as long as any of the testing. But to miss the sanitizing left a surprising amount of live bacteria in the sample. Just the amount of bacteria on the faucet handle is enough to make you and your whole family sick if its the right kind! DR
DR60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:02 PM   #53

Yup. It’s not just your dookie your standing in and your hose and connectors are all laying in. It’s not what one dumping I’m concerned about.
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
You dump for people? I need your cell phone!. I'll provide the gloves!!
Three of us were traveling together in Alaska & I, (wife) always do the dumping anyway so we pulled up to the dump; I dumped ours & kept the hose out. The next two drove up & I dumped theirs. No big deal.

I do use disposable gloves & a small baggie-lined wastecan is kept in the dump compartment for disposal when all done.

I also have outdoor shoes & indoor shoes and use accordingly. I've had to stand in some awful stuff from the previous careless RVer.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:17 AM   #55

Soap and water are your friend.

People have become overly squeamish about a lot of things.

Like somebody already said, just don't lick your fingers and you'll likely survive dumping the tanks without a hazmat suit.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:21 AM   #56

I wear gloves when I use the toilet, but not when I dump.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote